Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Tomlin

Backup

User Info Menu

@Shoe .. brother, don't forget the O-Coordinator ... I mean daaaang .. I thought I could call all of Arian's plays. I just knew today that on 3rd and long we would try the WR Screen ... heck, I called the screens in dang near EVERY situation that we used them. If I can sit on my couch, drinking a beer and call our plays .. I'm sure the Raiders D knew what was coming. Haley has to go just as much as LeBeau.
    And btw, does it seem to anyone else that the whole offense is doing "just enough" to be able to say that they are "trying", while at the same time "trying" means "trying to get Haley fired"? Kind of a passive/aggressive approach to showing how much they hate the guy?!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

I said to myself in the first quarter that the team looked flat. AGAIN! How is that possible? Every game is a must-win and you come out flat? Just poor on all accounts.

I'd be surprised if we finish they year with a .500 record. This coming draft will not be enough to turn this team around for the future. I'd be surprised if we reach a .500 record next year as well.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He hasn't had a losing season yet as head coach!
    I am aware. Just don't think TM's job is safe if he strings two of these kinds of seasons together.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, while I'm not a proponent of the bubble screen and such, I'm still a holdout for not canning Haley just yet. I hate to blame it on a lifer like Lebeau, but to me, it is fairly obvious that football coaching is not exempt from the effects of getting older. And in that regard, I'm not at all averse to older coaches sticking around and helping where they can (e.g. defensive advisor, positions coach). As a coordinator though, no one can prove to me that a 70-year old's mind can keep up with young, energetic, active minds of people much younger.

I hate to say it, because I have a lot of respect for Lebeau.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I am aware. Just don't think TM's job is safe if he strings two of these kinds of seasons together.
    Why not? Cowher went 6-10 & 7-9 in consecutive seasons...with that in mind I think Tomlin is safe. However if I was Haley, I'd start ordering packing boxes.
    Last edited by Steel Life; 10-27-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Why not? Cowher went 6-10 & 7-9 in consecutive seasons...with that in mind I think Tomlinson is safe. However if I was Haley, I'd start ordering packing boxes.
    It comes down to whether the Rooneys have faith in Tomlin that he can turn things around. I have my doubts because I don't see any plan in action, improvements, leadership, preparation, and the ability to build a team and our depth (or lack thereof) is a clear indication of that. Our play over the last 1.5 years is an indication of that.

I think the Rooneys have their doubts and I think it's very evident. When your HC isn't allowed to hire his own OC then that tells you something. It doesn't get any more obvious than that.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the Rooneys had their doubts, I don't think that they would have shelled out the cash during contract time. But maybe it's time to let the man sink or swim and you can't do that firing and hiring his assistance.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    They new we couldn't defend the read option... and they made us pay.

Bull&*^% we stuffed RG3 last year

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Why not? Cowher went 6-10 & 7-9 in consecutive seasons...with that in mind I think Tomlin is safe. However if I was Haley, I'd start ordering packing boxes.
    You have a point, but this team is a ways off from 6 or 7 wins.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Bull&*^% we stuffed RG3 last year
    So, this was just about execution. We wrote the book on how to stop the read option.
    Trolls are people too.