Thread: Tunch on Worilds

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    jarvis was a need
    bell was a need
    shazier was a need
    tuitt was a need
    That may be true, but I think the argument can be made that they were also the best football player available at the time that happened to fit a need. When BPA and need coincide you get a good player and it appears that the Steelers may have hit the jackpot with those 4 picks, it remains to be seen.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I have not been a big fan or Worilds...to say the least. But, if the light came on for this guy and he turns into a pass rush machine...I would be stoked to be wrong.
    Some guys take a while to mature. Even with Harrison it took him time and neither us nor Balt new how great he would be. I'm not saying he is the next James only that sometimes it takes 1,2 or even a 3rd year for players to put it all together. Heyward too was quiet year 1 n 2 but last year looked like a pro bowler.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    jarvis was a need
    bell was a need
    shazier was a need
    tuitt was a need
    If the Steelers drafted solely on need, why didn't they draft CB in rounds one and two instead of Shazier and Tuitt?

Because you pick the best player that you think can help you...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That may be true, but I think the argument can be made that they were also the best football player available at the time that happened to fit a need. When BPA and need coincide you get a good player and it appears that the Steelers may have hit the jackpot with those 4 picks, it remains to be seen.

Pappy
    Go back one more year and look at DeCastro...a consensus top 10 pick that fell to the Steelers and happened to fit "a need"...

A year before that, we picked Heyward in the first....not "a need" at the time, but we sure as he'll need him to be good this season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Go back one more year and look at DeCastro...a consensus top 10 pick that fell to the Steelers and happened to fit "a need"...

A year before that, we picked Heyward in the first....not "a need" at the time, but we sure as he'll need him to be good this season...
    Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Let's not get carried away. "One sack" Jones is far from the "jackpot." He needs to get on the freakin field. There is too much riding on his success for him to go the Worilds route of consistent injuries first couple of years. Unlike Worilds, Jones doesn't have Pro Bowl players in front of him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Let's not get carried away. "One sack" Jones is far from the "jackpot." He needs to get on the freakin field. There is too much riding on his success for him to go the Worilds route of consistent injuries first couple of years. Unlike Worilds, Jones doesn't have Pro Bowl players in front of him.
    You dismiss him saying jackpot on jones but you are ok with the statement for worilds who took 4.5 years to show up and a rookie shazier with a grand total of one half of preseason football under his belt?

Your negative feelings towards jones are borderlining on irrational

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If the Steelers drafted solely on need, why didn't they draft CB in rounds one and two instead of Shazier and Tuitt?

Because you pick the best player that you think can help you...
    True indeed...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    You dismiss him saying jackpot on jones but you are ok with the statement for worilds who took 4.5 years to show up and a rookie shazier with a grand total of one half of preseason football under his belt?

Your negative feelings towards jones are borderlining on irrational
    Forget the border... his hate is irrational.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Forget the border... his hate is irrational.
    I can't tell if Ovi is just trolling with all of this Jarvis Jones stuff? And it's all because he wanted Eifert in the draft last year? He's never been this nuts over a guy.