Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bell vs Dwyer

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think this is where our thinking differs slightly. To me it's not so much about Bell's development, but more so about protecting Ben. Ben is the offense, not Bell or Dwyer. And I think you go with the lineup that maximizes Ben's talent.
    You don't think adding a capable receiver helps maximize Ben's talent?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Just read about that. I don't see a reason they would keep a medical hardship waiver from him. I think he would qualify. Welp, guess that means I need to change my mock once again.
    He may seek advise from an NFL advisory board to make a decision. If he finished his Sr year out healthy & the board tells him he may have been a 7th round / UDFA does another year help his draft status? If the answer is no then he may be better off entering the draft. If he goes undrafted he would get to select where he wants to go. Pay scale as a late round draftee versus an UDFA won't impact the situation. There are times a priority UDFA can make more than late round draftee if there is a market for him. UDFA usually don't see much of a signing bonus if anything.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You don't think adding a capable receiver helps maximize Ben's talent?
    Im not sure I understand what this has to do with anything. Sure, Ben needs a better line, better TE play, better WRs, and better RBs. But whatever else he has around him, I'm not sure there's any scenario where Bell makes Ben better than Dwyer today.

Legend

User Info Menu

Im not sure I understand what this has to do with anything. Sure, Ben needs a better line, better TE play, better WRs, and better RBs. But whatever else he has around him, I'm not sure there's any scenario where Bell makes Ben better than Dwyer today.
    Dwyer had his chance... Bell is the present and the future. It makes no sense to push for Dwyer to get more time.

Legend

User Info Menu

You are saying Dwyer's blocking helps "maximize" Ben's talent. I'm saying Bell's ability to be a legit threat catching the ball helps Ben. At worst it's a wash.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Dwyer had his chance... Bell is the present and the future. It makes no sense to push for Dwyer to get more time.
    Except it may help Bell stay healthier and enable him to play at a high level longer. Until Bell runs off a streak of about five 100 yard games then there is no reason why him and Dwyer shouldn't split carries because their performance is essentially the same.

It's not like Bell has seized the job with remarkable performances. Dwyer has a higher per carry average (4.8 to 3.3) , a longer run (30 to 25) and more 20+ yard carries (2 to 1). Use them both and may the best man win but don't just give Bell the job until he outright takes it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

How many TDs does Dwyer have?

Receptions?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Except it may help Bell stay healthier and enable him to play at a high level longer. Until Bell runs off a streak of about five 100 yard games then there is no reason why him and Dwyer shouldn't split carries because their performance is essentially the same.

It's not like Bell has seized the job with remarkable performances. Dwyer has a higher per carry average (4.8 to 3.3) , a longer run (30 to 25) and more 20+ yard carries (2 to 1). Use them both and may the best man win but don't just give Bell the job until he outright takes it.
    No... I made the same mistake with Redman. The back up always looks good in limited action and may even shine if given a start. However, over time they always show their true colors.

Legend

User Info Menu

No... I made the same mistake with Redman. The back up always looks good in limited action and may even shine if given a start. However, over time they always show their true colors.
    Yup, and Dwyer has shown that he should not be anything more than a complimentary player. He had an opportunity to be the guy and couldn't seize it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed Dwyer had his chance. It's Bell's job to lose at this point.
    Trolls are people too.