Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: It won't happen, but I'd trade...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Sid..I am disappointing in you. Do you not understand that teams who trade for Ben will restructure his contract? What kind of contract does Peyton Manning (37 years), currently have with Denver? A cap friendly one.

If Ben is made available...teams will come out of the woodwork offering a boat load of picks. Guaranteed.
    if that's the case, I say we put Ben up for bid and go after Kurt Cousins...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    if that's the case, I say we put Ben up for bid and go after Kurt Cousins...
    I'm assuming you mean Kirk Cousins. With RGIII, why would the 'skins want Ben?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Kirk Cousins. With RGIII, why would the 'skins want Ben?
    I think he's probably talking about dealing Ben to a different team, and then using some of the picks we get to go after Cousins.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I think he's probably talking about dealing Ben to a different team, and then using some of the picks we get to go after Cousins.
    Kirk Cousins is an unproven commodity. He's played all of 4 games in his career. And he has had problems staying healthy.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Kirk Cousins is an unproven commodity. He's played all of 4 games in his career. And he has had problems staying healthy.
    As is every QB in the up coming draft. I mean the unproven part.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    As is every QB in the up coming draft. I mean the unproven part.
    Yep...that's why Ben would garner a boat load back in return if he were made available. It took the Dallas Cowboys 3 years to go from 1-15 to winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. And why? See Oct. 12, 1989 Dallas Cowboy news.

Legend

User Info Menu

No player is so good they cannot be replaced. So making any player available for trade will have it's good & bad points.

Thing is- what is best for this franchise.

Not convinced trading Ben away is the best option, regardless of the haul they'd likely recieve.

From the current roster, the guys Chadman sees needing upgrades from outside the organisation seem to be Ryan Clark, Steve McLendon, Manny Sanders & potentially the OL.

Guys like Ziggy Hood are only worth trading for late round picks- everyone knows he'll be gone next year regardless.

That said, both Clark & Sanders are likely gone next season too, so why would anyone trade for them?

The most valuable trade commodity the Steelers will have at this point is a high 1st round draft choice. You could trade that for a later pick & several others & get a nice draft haul. The other trade bargaining chip, in Chadman's opinion, is Maurkice Pouncey. Velasco hasn't been a significant downgrade. Trading Pouncey for some valuable draft choices might not be the worst option going forward.

This is NOT a terrible football team.

They are just playing terribly.

A change in Offensive philosophy would go a long way to changing that, as would installing a proper NT.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Can we trade Haley for a case of beer?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    ...Not convinced trading Ben away is the best option, regardless of the haul they'd likely recieve.
    Ya cant' say that Chadman. You just cant say that. If the haul is so good that it turns this franchise into another power house then you just cant say that!!!!!

Again, look at Dallas in 1989 at 1-15. They did not have a franchise QB until they drafted one. And he was a game manager for a lot of it early on. They went from 1-15 to winning 3 out of 4 super bowls in the span of 3 years.

Build this defense and running game into a power house and they will come!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

This is NOT a terrible football team.

They are just playing terribly.
    Im pretty much in agreement. And the thing that's the worst is so many are contributing. We're just a few plays from winning games. And anyone can step up and make em.

There's no one person that you can easily pin everything on. Its gotta be maddening to Tomlin. And the best he's come up with is to take away ping pong

I think you have to put the majority of the blame on Tomlin and Ben. And neither can seem to get it right. And you do have to wonder if we'll get things right with the 2 of them continuing to be here?