Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you believe in rumors....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Gilbert is on crutches and in a boot, as the surgery revealed a congenital problem that needs to be corrected in the other foot as well in a couple years.

Max keeps leaving the Steelers every year it seems, but in the end he comes back to save Ben's Back. A must sign IMO.
    Do you have a source or any other info on that Gilbert story. I'd like to know more about that whole thing.

If that keeps him out of the lineup, it will also keep 4 other guys in the lineup and overall be a positive for the team.

Starter

User Info Menu

sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Do you have a source or any other info on that Gilbert story. I'd like to know more about that whole thing.

If that keeps him out of the lineup, it will also keep 4 other guys in the lineup and overall be a positive for the team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

where's the rumor that they cut Colon and Hampton? Two that are more worthy of ending their Steeler careers. While typing this, Colon held down the caps lock and hampton ate the mouse. Oops, sorry.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    where's the rumor that they cut Colon and Hampton? Two that are more worthy of ending their Steeler careers. While typing this, Colon held down the caps lock and hampton ate the mouse. Oops, sorry.

Cutting Colon will be cost prohibitive. He will be back next year.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't get the love loss for Starks either. Not a trouble maker, doesn't make the news, well spoken, always represented the Steelers well and he's a decent to very good player at the tackle and guard spots.
    I understand Harrison being shown the door. I don't understand how they felt Colon was so valuable and Starks isn't. Maybe this is why Ben pops off once in a while, he might nt understand the back door politics either.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I don't get the love loss for Starks either. Not a trouble maker, doesn't make the news, well spoken, always represented the Steelers well and he's a decent to very good player at the tackle and guard spots.
    I understand Harrison being shown the door. I don't understand how they felt Colon was so valuable and Starks isn't. Maybe this is why Ben pops off once in a while, he might nt understand the back door politics either.
    I know someone that hangs out with Starks and he says Tomlin never liked him. I think Tomlin has a huge ego. Max never needed football to be rich and successful as he is a very smart person. Was voted young mortician of the year for the state of Florida as a teenager. Maybe Tomlin wants to feel intellectually superior to the players and having a guy around that can use bigger words than him is a dent to his ego.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 01-01-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

More fascinating than what Starks has done is what he's into. Starks, at 6-foot-8, 345 pounds, is the former president of the Florida Junior Morticians Association.

"I saw my first dead body when I was 4," Starks said. "The toy room wasn't far from the morgue in my grandma's house. When I got older, I'd do pickups, go to hospices or morgues in the Kissimmee area. You move the body onto a cot and roll the body into the hearse. No big deal, really. I learned at a young age."

It's no wonder Starks hasn't panicked against the likes of Mississippi State, Georgia and Florida State this season. It's almost impossible to faze Starks, who instead shocks you with his passion for Phantom of the Opera, Faust and Beethoven.

Starks hopes to be a doctor, but a first-round draft choice is more likely. After all, six of his family members, including father Ross Browner, have played in the NFL.

[url]http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2001-11-25/sports/0111250143_1_starks-last-season-max-starks-mike-pearson[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing. Interesting. He has always appeared very articulate to me in listening to him speak.

Kindle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Starks will be back unless the team really believes that either GILBERT or ADAMS will start at LT.
    Starks has been available for 2 straight years with no teams showing interest. Don't think that will change this offseason
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Starks will be back unless the team really believes that either GILBERT or ADAMS will start at LT.
    Starks has been available for 2 straight years with no teams showing interest. Don't think that will change this offseason
    Not so sure about that. He was coming off injuries each of the past two seasons leaving questions. He enters this offseason coming off a very good and injury free season. Steelers would be smart to sign him early on and leave Gilbert and Adams to fight it out at RT.