Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: A great read on Wallace, and might make some look different at the situation...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    stay classy.
    I'm staying as classy as Wallace did this year. Anyone that supports Wallace and his classiness shouldnt have a problem with mine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Pat Tillman comes to mind.
    i have the utmost respect for Mr Tillman for doing what he did, but he didnt quit the NFL and turn down the money because of injury or for the fans.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich
    I don't agree at all that Wallace is the better player. He might be more physically gifted - I don't know. But Mike does one thing really well - flies. His hands are definitely not better than Brown's, his routes aren't better than Brown's and he doesn't appear to have the same heart.

"Get it done" without Wallace? We got it done with Hines Ward, Randle El and Cedrick Wilson. We can surely get it done with Antonio Brown, Sanders, Cotchery/Plax and/or whomever else they get to plug in there.

If we want to upgrade the receiver position, we need a guy like Boldin or Fitz who can out-physical the opponent and attack the ball. Wallace won't ever be that. Maybe we'll be lucky and find one to compliment AB.
    the guys you mentioned at WR had a superb running game behind them, not to mention a HOF in ward. This group doesn't have anything close to that. Do you honestly believe that this WR group is capable of winning a championship? I don't.
    Which is why we're looking to upgrade our running game. If we upgrade the O-line and find a running game, AB, Sanders, Plax/Cotchery and whomever else we plug in at WR will look a lot better. Yes, I believe we can win a championship with this group at WR. By the same token, without a decent running game and O-Line, keeping Wallace isn't going to overcome those weaknesses.

and I can't help but find it amusing that we now need a fitz type WR to "compliment" our highest paid player at that position. Doesn't add up. WR is a huge need in this draft, but most rookie WRs don't contribute in year 1. I hope there is a p,an in place, but it sure doesn't look like it.
    You find it amusing that I mention needing a Fitz/Boldin type guy and in the next breath, you say that WR is a huge need in the draft ?

We're saying the same thing. I'm not saying we should try to sign a free agent like Fitz/Boldin. I'm saying draft a WR who is agressive in going after the ball (and hopefully TALL). Wallace's skill is speed. But to signficantly upgrade the WR group as a whole, we need a guy who plays agressive and can out-physical DBs. When Wallace's contract wasn't an issue, he wasn't good at this. And last year, he was simply awful in that respect, playing "not to get hurt".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    F wallace. i still hope he gets severley injured before FA and cost him millions. the guy sold us out and the team in 2012 so not to get injured. wallace cares about wallace and nobody else. there is not 1 single NFL player that sacrifices his body for the fans, they all do it for the money. any fan that thinks a player cares for us is an idiot. if these players cared about getting injured more than making a ton of money they would all fall back on that free educatuion they received and work at a real job. name 1 player that decided to quit the nfl on their own and decide to work for 30-50K a year.
    This is probably top 5 for dumbest post ever on the Planet.

Players have to quit the NFL to get your respect? Yeah... OK.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i have the utmost respect for Mr Tillman for doing what he did, but he didnt quit the NFL and turn down the money because of injury or for the fans.

who the hell quits for the fans? What in Gods Green Earth are you smoking? Plenty of players have to quit due to injuries... but who the hell quits for the fans? How does that even work?

I respect the fans too much to play in the NFL?

are you sipping, popping AND smoking? I know Wallace makes you angry but dammit, he made you ignant and crazy?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This is probably top 5 for dumbest post ever on the Planet.

Players have to quit the NFL to get your respect? Yeah... OK.

you might be the top 5 dumbest poster for not being able to read the original post and understand my response to it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    The article reaffirms my opinion that Wallace was stupid to refuse the Steelers offer. He risked apparently $10M per to go through this season playing scared in hopes of not getting injured and in hopes that someone else would offer him more. Maybe it'll work out for him. But it couuld have cost him everything had he sustained a severe injury by playing scared.
    THE ARTICLE ITSELF, is stupid... tries to use a guy who gets injured as a good reason for Wallace to hold out and play through the RFA contract.... when the opposite is true... if you worry about injury, you sign the "Antonio Brown-like offer" and secure your future. Just sayin....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    THE ARTICLE ITSELF, is stupid... tries to use a guy who gets injured as a good reason for Wallace to hold out and play through the RFA contract.... when the opposite is true... if you worry about injury, you sign the "Antonio Brown-like offer" and secure your future. Just sayin....
    $$$$$
    Had Wallace taken the $10 million/year contract, his financial future could have been secured...he chose to gamble that he'd do better by going the UFA route. Will he get a big enough contract to offset the $7+ million he forfeited this past season by not taking the Steelers' offer? We shall see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    $$$$$
    Had Wallace taken the $10 million/year contract, his financial future could have been secured...he chose to gamble that he'd do better by going the UFA route. Will he get a big enough contract to offset the $7+ million he forfeited this past season by not taking the Steelers' offer? We shall see.
    Wallace wasn't going to make 10 million per year with the Steelers. Not sure why fans continue to insist the he was going to make 10 million per year??? NFL contracts are not guaranteed.

Sidney Rice - 18 mill guaranteed money.

Santonio Holmes - 24 mill in guaranteed money.

Vincent Jackson - 26 mill in guaranteede money.

Greg Jennings - 16.5 mill in guaranteed money.

Roddy White - 18.6 mill in guaranteed money.

Reggie Wayne - 12.5 guaranteed money

Andre Johnson - 48 mill guaranteed money

Miles Austin - 18 mill guaranteed money

Brandon Marshall - 25 mill guaranteed money

Calvin Johnson - 60 mill guaranteed money

Larry Fitz - 50 mill in guaranteed money

Guaranteed money offers more long term security then the overall value of a contract in the NFL. Basketball and baseball contracts are generally guaranteed. Wallace would had been a nut job to settle for a deal that only included 8.5 mill in guaranteed money based on what other WR's received.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Wallace wasn't going to make 10 million per year with the Steelers. Not sure why fans continue to insist the he was going to make 10 million per year??? NFL contracts are not guaranteed.

Sidney Rice - 18 mill guaranteed money.

Santonio Holmes - 24 mill in guaranteed money.

Vincent Jackson - 26 mill in guaranteede money.

Greg Jennings - 16.5 mill in guaranteed money.

Roddy White - 18.6 mill in guaranteed money.

Reggie Wayne - 12.5 guaranteed money

Andre Johnson - 48 mill guaranteed money

Miles Austin - 18 mill guaranteed money

Brandon Marshall - 25 mill guaranteed money

Calvin Johnson - 60 mill guaranteed money

Larry Fitz - 50 mill in guaranteed money

Guaranteed money offers more long term security then the overall value of a contract in the NFL. Basketball and baseball contracts are generally guaranteed. Wallace would had been a nut job to settle for a deal that only included 8.5 mill in guaranteed money based on what other WR's received.
    Agreed, completely.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT