Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In case you missed it....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In case you missed it....

David DeCastro held Suh in check most of the game. Non-factor. This kid is living up to the billing. Our OL could be pretty good with a healthy Pouncey & Foster. Beachum has held his own at LT.

Legend

User Info Menu

I never worried about DeCastro.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    David DeCastro held Suh in check most of the game. Non-factor. This kid is living up to the billing. Our OL could be pretty good with a healthy Pouncey & Foster. Beachum has held his own at LT.
    I didn't notice DD, but I didn't notice Suh, either. I count that as a victory (without watching again in greater detail).

I agree that DD has started to live up to his billing, but disagree on Beachum. I think he is, at best, a below average left tackle. He doesn't seem to have the strength or quickness needed. He's fine as a backup, but I'd prefer to see an upgrade at LT.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I didn't notice DD, but I didn't notice Suh, either. I count that as a victory (without watching again in greater detail).

I agree that DD has started to live up to his billing, but disagree on Beachum. I think he is, at best, a below average left tackle. He doesn't seem to have the strength or quickness needed. He's fine as a backup, but I'd prefer to see an upgrade at LT.
    His feet are actually very good. His height is not ideal. If he had Mike Adams size he would be a Pro Bowler. Having said that I agree. I would like a prototype LT and use Beachum as a super sub. Gilbert and Adams can battle for RT.

Legend

User Info Menu

DECASTRO HANDLES SUH

David DeCastro didn't blink when asked how he would handle Detroit's defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. He seemed eager to take on one of the league's most-feared defenders.

On Sunday, DeCastro earned something akin to a technical knockout over Suh in the Steelers' 37-27 victory at Heinz Field.

DeCastro seldom allowed Suh near quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Suh didn't lay a hand on running back Le'Veon Bell, either. DeCastro's dominance was so complete that Suh didn't record a tackle, sack or pressure.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5085542-74/steelers-half-field#ixzz2kxtAkByr[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    His feet are actually very good. His height is not ideal. If he had Mike Adams size he would be a Pro Bowler. Having said that I agree. I would like a prototype LT and use Beachum as a super sub. Gilbert and Adams can battle for RT.
    Foster looks like a T and Beachum looks like a G. Not sure why we never tried to switch them up?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Foster looks like a T and Beachum looks like a G. Not sure why we never tried to switch them up?
    Because Foster is mediocre at best playing Guard.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

give it up you blowhard

you don't need pro bowlers at every position on the OL

foster is a pretty damn good player for the size checks he is cashing

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Foster is a natural right tackle... He played there at Tennessee

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Foster has been top 20 OG this year. He is solid