Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's alright people- nothing to fear...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Question:

Out of all our players on offense who found the end zone the most................
    You think that is all there is to it? Let me ask you: On all of Terrell Owen's teams, who had the most TDs on those teams as well? Is that all there is to the story, or didn't he single-handily ruin almost every team he was on? So I guess he was an over all positive for every one of his teams, since scored the most TDs, right? Funny thing is, no one on any of those teams would agree with that. Was Wallace THAT bad, with his attitude? No, but the point remains: some production isn't worth the overall package if the player hurts team chemistry. I have never seen a team win a championship unless it had good team chemistry. MW did not help, but rather damaged, that end of things. I claimed this long before other players have come out and said the team was not together for the 2012 season. How did I know?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Where was the team chemistry problem in 2011,2010,2009? Wallace was a member of the team in those years we had two back to back 12-4 seasons and a Super Bowl birth.
    Injuries hurt our season more than anything last season. We started out slow but regained our postion later with a 6-3 record then the injuries mounted and downhill from there.

The numbers Wallace produced since he was a Steeler proves he was a productive receiver, some are just pissed he stood his ground and got the money he thought he could get just like Flacco did.
    I look at the bottom line, Wallace and Miller were the main producers on offense, to say he had an attitude is one thing but he put up the numbers and that counts.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Where was the team chemistry problem in 2011,2010,2009? Wallace was a member of the team in those years we had two back to back 12-4 seasons and a Super Bowl birth.
    Injuries hurt our season more than anything last season. We started out slow but regained our postion later with a 6-3 record then the injuries mounted and downhill from there.

The numbers Wallace produced since he was a Steeler proves he was a productive receiver, some are just pissed he stood his ground and got the money he thought he could get just like Flacco did.
    I look at the bottom line, Wallace and Miller were the main producers on offense, to say he had an attitude is one thing but he put up the numbers and that counts.
    So did Terrell Owens

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Having Wallace and Mendenhall wouldn't make me feel better at all about this upcoming season...

Having both of those guys didn't keep Ben healthy over the last two years...having both those guys didn't help us win a SB...

If Ben can stay healthy, the Steelers can be contenders...
    what he said...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

as long as tomlin is leading this team, i am confident. regardless of players.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    what he said...
    Not unless they also change the way they play offense, and what the #1 priority on offense is.

If we try to score? We'll win.

If we try to worry about TOP and keeping our alleged #1 defense rested? We won't win 8 games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Despite what looks like an unbalance gains vs losses ledger, the Steelers will be ok.

Actually, they'll be better than ok.

They will, in fact, be better than 2012.

Forget that Harrison is gone.

Never mind that Sanders could be a Patriot.

It's not a problem that Willie Colon has left.

Or Keenan Lewis.

Or Ryan Mundy.

You see... the thing is, we'll be better because we'll have 'chemistry'.

Remember, people, that the big evil baddies, Mike Wallace & Rashad Mendenhall are GONE. It's happy days, rainbows & unicorns in the land of Pittsburgh.

the 'bad seeds' have been removed, and there are posters on here that guarenteed, GUARENTEED, that the Steelers will be better next season without them.

Personally, Chadman is looking forward to 2013 with unbridaled enthusiasm now that we 'got rid' of those heathens.

Wait... hang on... those same posters are now the ones complaining that the Steelers are not doing well in Free Agency... like the Steelers were expected to remove the evil doers & replace them with high priced FA's... maybe that guarentee isn't worth all that much after all.

In hindsight, it'd sure be nice knowing Wallace & Mendenhall were on the roster in 2013...
    Who's being the grumpy old guy now?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Who's being the grumpy old guy now?

Pappy

Chadman has been waiting to see if anyone would say something like that....

If nothing else, this board is fun to stir up every now and then....
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman has been waiting to see if anyone would say something like that....

If nothing else, this board is fun to stir up every now and then....
    It's both FUN and EASY Chadman.....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    It's both FUN and EASY Chadman.....
    As evidenced by this thread...

The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT