Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it our players or coaches?

Backup

User Info Menu

So when the Defense wins TWO Super Bowls for Ben, ben gets credit. But when the Defense fails, they get blamed and Ben gets the credit still. The defense is the BEST PART OF THIS TEAM. Its about Time the offense held its own. And the Steelers won TWO Super Bowls without much contribution from the qb

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    So when the Defense wins TWO Super Bowls for Ben, ben gets credit. But when the Defense fails, they get blamed and Ben gets the credit still. The defense is the BEST PART OF THIS TEAM. Its about Time the offense held its own. And the Steelers won TWO Super Bowls without much contribution from the qb
    If not for Ben's play during those seasons and the playoffs, the Steelers never even see either of those SB's. In THIS game, today, Ben was brilliant and the D was an affront to the Black and Gold tradition. Thankfully, we can look forward to Troy and Deebo to come back after the bye and restore some sense of competence, let alone excellence.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben was terrible in the 1st SB. But his play was CRITICAL in the 3 away games leading upto it.

Last time I look, Ben drove the Steelers down the field 90 yards in under 3 minutes to win his 2nd SB. How you call that 'without much contribution for the qb" I'll never know.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If not for Ben's play during those seasons and the playoffs, the Steelers never even see either of those SB's. In THIS game, today, Ben was brilliant and the D was an affront to the Black and Gold tradition. Thankfully, we can look forward to Troy and Deebo to come back after the bye and restore some sense of competence, let alone excellence.
    We win the SB without Ben. We went 13-3 with Kordell. I guess that was due to Kordells stellar play right? Pffffffffffffft

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Ben was terrible in the 1st SB. But his play was CRITICAL in the 3 away games leading upto it.

Last time I look, Ben drove the Steelers down the field 90 yards in under 3 minutes to win his 2nd SB. How you call that 'without much contribution for the qb" I'll never know.

Those passes were SHORT that Tone turned into long plays. Last I checked the star of that drive got the MVP

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We win the SB without Ben. We went 13-3 with Kordell. I guess that was due to Kordells stellar play right? Pffffffffffffft
    Oh, I forgot about those Kordell-led SB teams. Thanks for the reminder. Pfffffffffft yourself!

Backup

User Info Menu

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Eli and Peyton are all better than Ben. Name a SS better than Polamalu. Name a Olb better than Deebo (you might say Ware but you sure cant name 6). Again, the BEST players are on D.

Backup

User Info Menu

Oh, I forgot about those Kordell-led SB teams. Thanks for the reminder. Pfffffffffft yourself!
    Ben LED us to the SB in 05? I think Bettis and the defense would disagree with you. Ben didnt even pass 300 times but HE LED us. LOL

We asked him to LEAD us vs the Pats in the AFCCG and what happened?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just put him on ignore. click on his name, click on profile, then ignore on the left hand side. He was in chat and doesn't EVER let stuff go. He's nothing more than a troll looking for a fight. He's not worth anyone's time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brett Keisel Takes Blame For Steelers Loss To Raiders

Monday, September 24th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel took the Sunday loss to the Oakland Raiders pretty hard, and after the game he wanted all of the blame placed on his shoulders.

"The offense played great," said the Steelers defensive captain. "Like i said before, you can blame this loss on me and we'll go back to the drawing board."

When asked why he was taking the blame for the loss specifically, the defensive end said, "Because I messed up some things that resulted in touchdowns. That's why."

The two big plays that come to mind are the 64-yard touchdown run by Raiders running back Darren McFadden, which I have broken down here. The other play that comes to mind was Keisel being flagged for encroachment on the 4th down and goal play for the Raiders, where Keisel saw multiple Raiders players in motion and stepped over the line of scrimmage to point it out.

You have to tip your cap to Keisel for taking the full brunt of the loss, but make no mistake that the rest of the Steelers defense shares quite a bit of the blame. This is what good team leaders do and Keisel, along with the rest of the defense, will get a chance to redeem themselves at home in week 5 when they host the Philadelphia Eagles.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/brett_keisel_takes_blame_for_steelers_loss_to_raid ers/11799160[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha