Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So I had to change my Steelers mock...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I really want a future starting ILB and I really want future starting safeties (both SS and FS). I really don't think any ILB or S is BPA over Hopkins. I know a lot less about Allen but I hear he's a solid pick as well.
    I'm so with ya on the ILB, I want that position... I think the team is going to bank on Spence's recovery, knowing that they have Foote to hold them over - AND the second round of post-draft free agency with which to find a cheap veteran ILB. Personally, I'd take the kid from LSU, Kevin Minter... and while i wanted ILB, OLB or NT as the pick, looking at those WRs, and what's likely to be on the board, I'm accepting that WR is a possiblity early
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I'm so with ya on the ILB, I want that position... I think the team is going to bank on Spence's recovery, knowing that they have Foote to hold them over - AND the second round of post-draft free agency with which to find a cheap veteran ILB. Personally, I'd take the kid from LSU, Kevin Minter... and while i wanted ILB, OLB or NT as the pick, looking at those WRs, and what's likely to be on the board, I'm accepting that WR is a possiblity early

Spence may never play another down of football. They aren't banking on anything!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Talking WR's, I'd prefer the speedy Tavon Austin over them all... He'd fit perfectly in the Haley offense. Would return punts and KO's immediately.. He's small, but so is DeSean Jackson... Austin would def. rack up the YAC... my 2 cents.

Regarding Spence. ^^^ I agree. I doubt he'll ever pan out.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 03-14-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post

Spence may never play another down of football. They aren't banking on anything!!!
    Agreed 100%

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I would prefer Keenan Allen over Patterson. I think he is a more polished receiver. I know Patterson is faster (straight line), than Allen but if you watch the tape on Allen he plays fast. He has some open field make you miss cut-back ability that is freakish.

Remember Jerry Rice wasnt straight line fast but on the field in pads he played extremely fast.
    I don't know how you got that out of watching both tapes. Patterson can create. Austin can create. Allen can't. Allen is a bit of a long strider and isn't great in & out of cuts. Allen is a Colston and Patterson is a Bryant. Nothing wrong with either but Patterson has the physical abilities to take over a game ...Allen will have the ability to sustain drives.

Patterson isn't the most polished, there are receivers more polished than him. Allen is one and Woods is another. What Patterson lacks is coachable....What the others lack they will never obtain.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-14-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Agreed 100%
    I was supporting Spence's recover and became more concerned when I heard about the nerve damage. Still had hope because they were vague about the severity. However, in a Bouchette chat or on his Twitter account he reported some details that Colbert shared. If I find it I will share. To summarize, the Steelers organization is moving forward with the thought that Spence will not be available for 2013. The feeling I got is they are going to do business like Spence isn't even on the roster. I don't think they can evaluate the future of Spence until 2014.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I agree. Like your mock draft to.

If Jarvis Jones isn't there, I'd go Hopkins or Minter. It's tough to determine where Minter is rated right now but I think he is a perfect fit as a our 3-4 ILB of the future and could see playing time this year. I think Hopkins could immediately come in and beat out Sanders.

If Hopkins is drafted in the 1st then I would go Minter in the 2nd (if available), or Lacy (if available). If neither are available then I look for safety. There is A LOT of very good safety depth that will be available in the 2nd and likely the 3rd:
    Vaccaro, Elam, Swearinger, Eric Reid, Thomas, Rambo, Jefferson, McDonald.

I know this is a mixture of FS and SS. I also don't see Vaccaro being head and shoulders above some of the other talent.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I was supporting Spence's recover and became more concerned when I heard about the nerve damage. Still had hope because they were vague about the severity. However, in a Bouchette chat or on his Twitter account he reported some details that Colbert shared. If I find it I will share. To summarize, the Steelers organization is moving forward with the thought that Spence will not be available for 2013. The feeling I got is they are going to do business like Spence isn't even on the roster. I don't think they can evaluate the future of Spence until 2014.
    Update:
    Below is the link I ws talking about. It was Bouchetts's 3-13 chat. More insight on Spence.

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/120256-gerry-dulacs-steelers-chat-31313[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you are going we in the first the. You have to take Tavon Austin.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    If you are going we in the first the. You have to take Tavon Austin.
    I would have never guessed you would say that by your signature photo and avatar
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.