Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Beanie Wells a possibility?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    no thanks...

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers:

Interesting to see how other teams evaluate Beanie Wells right knee. #azcardinals were not optimistic about it.

@kentsomers Beanie was shopping other teams before the season was over. No loyalty.

@kentsomers Did he actually have microfracture surgery on that knee? Doesn't seem like he'd fit the tough Steeler mold.

@kentsomers it looked like last year that his head was more of a concern than the knee. I don't think he wants to take or give hits anymore

[URL]https://twitter.com/kentsomers/statuses/311930894128644096[/URL]
    I want nothing to do with this guy. Is Shonn Greene signed yet? Did Moreno get released?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    That should have been the end of the discussion, actually... I would make this argument about any player at any position - even if we didn't need one... QB, WR, whatever...

Think of it this way... you're getting a 1st round talent in the 4th round... even if you don't get him fully recovered until next year... Try trading a 4th round pick this year for a 1st round pick next year... see what happens
    Yup.. that's a very good point. I've pretty much seen every game of this guys career and if he's available in the 4th... you TAKE him as long as medically, he's fine... By "fine", I mean he's expected to recover and his rehab is one schedule which appears to be a "YES". According to reports, he is 3 months ahead of schedule. With that being said, I would still bring him along slowly....

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8975113/dr-james-andrews-says-marcus-lattimore-rehab-ahead-schedule[/URL]

This is alway a plus:

Said Andrews: "He's a delight. He has the finest character equal to any athlete I've ever treated."

Another good video:

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000140594/Marcus-Lattimore-confident-in-his-recovery[/url]
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Is Shonn Greene signed yet?
    yes, he just signed with the Tennessee Titans.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yes, he just signed with the tennessee titans.
    sunnava!!!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Wells isn't healthy I don't want him either. I don't want Lattimore because he is a "may never be" RB. If he couldn't get through the last two years in the SEC what makes anyone think he count survive the NFL. The kid healthy is 1st round talent. If there were zero concerns in the FOs he would still be 1st round talent. He will go where he goes because he is a risk and he may not have a long career. For his sake I hope he rights his own story.

He is a great kid with a big heart . I wish him all the luck in the world. I know he wants to follow his dream. Good luck to him. Anyone in here that played the game knows what challenge lies ahead. Never show weakness. For his sake I hope the ugly side of the game doesn't bite him. I don't want him as a Steeler. He could prove me and the world wrong in another uniform.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I want nothing to do with this guy. Is Shonn Greene signed yet? Did Moreno get released?
    He has agreed to terms with the Titans.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    is someone really arguing that the SEC isnt the best in college football?

just stop.
    No one is arguing that...

Just that the SEC is top heavy and not competitive from top to bottom...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I heard Wells was here and took a physical. I would assume that health would be the issue if he doesn't sign. I think he will be affordable so we will see.