Thread: An Emerging Young Leader on Defense

Legend

User Info Menu

An Emerging Young Leader on Defense

This sounds way positive and none too soon. If he can continue to learn and grow into the position I think Williams can be a Farrior-type ILB.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/london-calling-steelers-vs-vikings-week-4-at-wembley/2013/9/27/4776902/steelers-linebackers-depth-chart-starting-inside-nfl-week-4-vikings[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He will grow into it with experience, and turn out to be pretty good. He's got fire in the belly.

Legend

User Info Menu

He may be great at calling out the defense, but he needs to get better at playing and making tackles. I like what I see from this kid. I fell in love with him when he made a big hit at training camp when no one was wearing pads. He's got old school Steelers' DNA.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can say this. Williams doesn't look like he's lost out there. Kian Wilson does (I think that's his name)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was wondering who the hell Williams was when we drafted him...did some research, was intrigued after. After watching him play..couldn't have asked for a better replacement for Foote!! Kid is great where he is and will only get better! I just hope Jarvis Jones becomes better, we'll have a hell of a linebacker corp again!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Starter

User Info Menu

The problem for me is Im hearing way better things than Im seeing. He shows flashes. Im sure with time he may develop into a solid starter for the Steelers. Right now he looks like a rookie out there IMHO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    The problem for me is Im hearing way better things than Im seeing. He shows flashes. Im sure with time he may develop into a solid starter for the Steelers. Right now he looks like a rookie out there IMHO.
    I think he's adjusting to the speed of the game at this point. He often looks a step behind right now. The other bad thing that's hurting him and Timmons is they're running into OGs regularly because our DLine isn't playing that well.