Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar Jackson Quad injury

Starter

User Info Menu

Lamar Jackson Quad injury

Hopefully they lose out..

"This is not something Ravens fans want to hear.Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was limited in Monday’s practice with a quad injury he reportedly suffered in the game against the Buffalo Bills.
    Jackson didn’t participate in any drills during the media-viewing portion and he was said to have entered the indoor fieldhouse when reporters were leaving, walking with a slight hitch."

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/12/09/report-lamar-jackson-suffered-quad-injury-against-the-bills-rgiii-takes-all-reps-in-practice/?fbclid=IwAR0w8a9W6AxfytgrsKzBrQNS1yK9JhZMqlgsO3Ca 7vc_puqmoqeO3H8irSc
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    Hopefully they lose out..

"This is not something Ravens fans want to hear.Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was limited in Monday’s practice with a quad injury he reportedly suffered in the game against the Buffalo Bills.
    Jackson didn’t participate in any drills during the media-viewing portion and he was said to have entered the indoor fieldhouse when reporters were leaving, walking with a slight hitch."

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/12/09/report-lamar-jackson-suffered-quad-injury-against-the-bills-rgiii-takes-all-reps-in-practice/?fbclid=IwAR0w8a9W6AxfytgrsKzBrQNS1yK9JhZMqlgsO3Ca 7vc_puqmoqeO3H8irSc
    I doubt this is that serious - but leg injuries (in my opinion) are the reason running QB's don't have long careers and pretty much have failed to win Lombardi's. There's a difference between a mobile QB who can make plays with his legs when needed - as opposed to the designed option plays and keepers the rats have incorporated into their game plan. purposely subjecting your QB to extra hits, especially as a running back, seems to me to carry an extremely high risk. I think LJ's scrambling ability combined with his passing ability are already enough to give a defense fits. I would want to minimize his hits at all cost.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I doubt this is that serious - but leg injuries (in my opinion) are the reason running QB's don't have long careers and pretty much have failed to win Lombardi's. There's a difference between a mobile QB who can make plays with his legs when needed - as opposed to the designed option plays and keepers the rats have incorporated into their game plan. purposely subjecting your QB to extra hits, especially as a running back, seems to me to carry an extremely high risk. I think LJ's scrambling ability combined with his passing ability are already enough to give a defense fits. I would want to minimize his hits at all cost.
    They may not need him against the jets.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    They may not need him against the jets.
    I think I would sit him and let the backup get some live action reps. The Ravens defense can win this game for them.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You never know...Quad injuries can be tricky...I remember Kawai Leonard being out an entire year, Without it even being torn...Not saying it's near that bad but...He COULD be out a few weeks, or MORE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    You never know...Quad injuries can be tricky...I remember Kawai Leonard being out an entire year, Without it even being torn...Not saying it's near that bad but...He COULD be out a few weeks, or MORE
    I think KL chose to sit out much longer than needed.

He also plays a game where you run for 48 minutes and play 4 to 5 games a week.

They will give LJ a shot or just rest him all week before the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Yep. A running QB should be viewed same as a RB. And we know the injury rate on that position. .... just waiting to happen.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yep. A running QB should be viewed same as a RB. And we know the injury rate on that position. .... just waiting to happen.
    I've been telling you just be patient. It's just a matter of time during a season that when you have a QB acting like a runningback, he'll get those type of injuries as well. If their smart, they rest him this week. But if they keep letting him play, he'll never make it to the end of the playoffs like people keep thinking because as they play better and better teams with better and better defenses, they will be laying the lumber to his legs on the regular.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LJ is probably going to get rest for 2 weeks once they have the number 1 seed locked up.

Not sure why people need patience.

Winning a SB is hard. Dude has shown he can pass the ball. I think he leads thee league in TD passes right now.

He’s already proven his detractors wrong. It’s over. Let it go.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 12-10-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    LK is probably going to get rest for 2 weeks once they have the number 1 seed locked up.

Not sure why people need patience.

Winning a SB is hard. Dude has shown he can pass the ball. I think he leads thee league in TD passes right now.

He’s already proven his detractors wrong. It’s over. Let it go.
    It's clear he can pass and pass well. He's a phenomenal athlete all around. The issue that people are bringing up, and I tend to agree, is that if they keep running him like this, an injury is bound to happen that severely limits that part of his game. And then we'll see if his passing is really up to par when the defense doesn't have to worry about his run game.