Thread: Starks to Steelers West

Legend

User Info Menu

Starks to Steelers West

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/01/cardinals-sign-max-starks/[/url]

Replacing former Steelers training camp K Danny Hrapmann.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Depth signing.

They signed Veldheer to play LT, maybe they brought him in to tutor Bobbie Massie

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I STILL don't know why the Steelers seemed to just not like this guy. Even now he is only 32. If anyone thinks Adams is better than MS, you need to get off the crack. Max may have never been a dominant LT, but he was serviceable. He was no where near as horrid as Adams or Gilbert. Those guys truly suck.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They needed to see what they have with the young guys, and he is truly a terrible fir for moving towards a ZBS. Crazy that hes only 32 though

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Max Starks was more than a solid player on a shaky line. Ask Big Ben.

A very key player in 3 SB appearances. Very underappreciated by us fans. Other than Faneca, he was the best OLineman in a 10 year span on an otherwise no-name offensive line.
    Last edited by skyhawk; 08-01-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I always liked Max personally and as a player. I don't know what the front office or the coaches had against him. Yep, outside Faneca the name was Max.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think the steelers had anything against him. They transition tagged him and signed him to a pretty lucrative deal much to most of our displeasure. He had a serious knee injury and weighed 380 pounds and they had young guys waiting

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They better damn well hope that he doesn't have to play during 49ers week. It is rare to see an NFL player whoop another NFL player's arse, the way Aldon whipped Max a few years ago.

Rare, until this past season, when we saw whippings like that every week versus Mike Adams.

I don't get why Keisel isn't getting any play from the Cards.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post

A very key player in 3 SB appearances. Very underappreciated by us fans. Other than Faneca, he was the best OLineman in a 10 year span on an otherwise no-name offensive line.

Key word. Even though only 32, Max is done. He was awful in the fews snaps he got in St Louis. He can't get up out of his stance against speed rushers.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post

Couldn't agree more.