Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: And With the 17th Overall Pick, the Steelers Choose....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

OK, let me get this straight. We had the #1 D (yes, based in yards, yes we need more sacks and turnovers, but still, the D was NOT our main problem), and the 26th rated rushing attack, and we were 22nd in points scored....and drafting an overrated, lying (mental illness?) ILB in the first round makes the most sense?

Hellzzzz no. I say trade down, get an extra 2nd or 3rd, grab the BAP and RB Lacy. Our rush was laughable and a lot had to do with the OL, play calling and, at RB, a plodder (no way a legit NFL starting back), a midget (who isn't even on the team) and a fat, lazy guy, who has some talent but zero drive. Think we could use a RB to spark the offense? I like Lacy a lot.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Not a bad option but:

#1 - Trading down isn't trivial

#2 - Avoid having to pick a RB and sign RFA Ivory
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    pfelix73 I dont think you are that far off. The kid doesn't do any spectacular but he does most everything well. And what makes him who he is and will be at the next level is...he's a football player.
    This is all that will be required next to Timmons in the middle. I'd be fine with tanking Te'o at 17 as long as we aren't "reaching" and the Steelers don't really "reach" unless it's the end of the first round.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if I had it my way, we would move back a few spots and grab Cordarelle Patterson, then move up a little in the 2nd for Eddie Lacy. Then take a chance on Bacarri Rambo in the 3rd. This team needs playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I wasn't looking for it, but the Couric show just happened to be on and I got to see it..
    Dont lie, you have Katie on auto-record on TIVO every day.......then you watch "The View".

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Before all the hype he was a second rounder. He's not close to Kuechly who was chosen in the top 10 last year. He will be available to us at 17 and we will pass. He will end up going to the Ravens in the 20's. Just watch.

He's a bigger version of Lofa Tatupu.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we either pick a CB/S, an OT, or a WR with the 17th pick.

I don't think you are out on a limb at all. I'd say DB, LT, and WR are three of our four top needs along with a pass rusher if we cut Harrison. RB will also be a need, but there is not much mid-1st round talent out there so that is unlikely. OG, TE, and ILB all depend on the health of current players and can be filled in subsequent rounds if need be.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Dont lie, you have Katie on auto-record on TIVO every day.......then you watch "The View".
    LOL, well, what can I say... I got home early today and turned on the tv and there it was...lol, watched Judge Judy too...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

Eifert from Notre Dame is better but I would be happy with both picks. Today's NFL is about having more weapons on offense than the opponents can match up against
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OK, let me get this straight. We had the #1 D (yes, based in yards, yes we need more sacks and turnovers, but still, the D was NOT our main problem), and the 26th rated rushing attack, and we were 22nd in points scored....and drafting an overrated, lying (mental illness?) ILB in the first round makes the most sense?
    I think your approach to this is worse than what Manti Te'o did. Since you don't have it straight let me explain it to you. First of all Manti Te'o never lied for personal gain. He lied because he was hurt and confused. And his lie didn't hurt anyone but himself. There is a difference. Here read it for yourself...

"Katie, put yourself in my situation. I, my whole world told me that she died on Sept. 12. Everybody knew that. This girl, who I committed myself to, died on Sept. 12," Te'o said in an interview that will air Thursday on Couric's talk show, "Katie". "Now I get a phone call on Dec. 6, saying that she's alive and then I'm going be put on national TV two days later. And to ask me about the same question. You know, what would you do?"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000129939/article/manti-teo-i-lied-after-learning-of-lennay-kekua-hoax
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash