Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offseason begins...Who likes P Brad Wing?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Offseason begins...Who likes P Brad Wing?

[URL]http://prod.www.steelers.clubs.nfl.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Sign-Brad-Wing-and-Bryce-Davis-to-ReserveFuture-Contracts/2426ab92-3ab4-48c3-b1bf-7dfd13f9844a[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Those are game changers right there. It's good to see the Steelers get serious about improving the team.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just hope it means we won't be using one of our draft picks on a punter...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Those are game changers right there. It's good to see the Steelers get serious about improving the team.
    I know you are being funny but I think they need better options than who we finished the year with. Not saying either of these guys are the answer either. McBriar certainly can be replaced. He did an adequate job but he isn't a long term answer. It will cost the Steelers 1.8 mil to retain Warren & McBriar on vet mins. Better start looking.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I just hope it means we won't be using one of our draft picks on a punter...
    Trade up for one?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Trade up for one?
    yes, because it worked out so well last time and we don't have any other needs that we have to address...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

If we could only get a punter built like a linebacker.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yes, because it worked out so well last time and we don't have any other needs that we have to address...
    I hope you know I was being funny.

Legend

User Info Menu

How does a kid who was first team All-American at a major SEC school and Ray Guy Finalist as one of the best punters in college not get signed all year? I'd be letting McBriar know his services are no longer required immediately.

As for Warren - sign and keep him. 9 solid years of never having to worry about an errant snap is worth every penny. They bring in guys year after year and he never gets beat out. He's good for another 2 or 3 years at least.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    How does a kid who was first team All-American at a major SEC school and Ray Guy Finalist as one of the best punters in college not get signed all year?
    He apparently had an arrest for simple battery in 2011 and then was suspended from the 2012 Chick-fil-A bowl for an undisclosed violation of team rules. That might have something to do with it, I'd imagine. Aussie bastage.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.