Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA WR question

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

FA WR question

If not resigned by the Pats. Would you sign Welker to maybe what the steelers see as a Wallace type deal if he would take it and Wallace walks? Do you think he could be a beast in Haleys offense? Is Welker a #1 in Haleys offense?
    I know a bunch here want the big monster WR but it might not happen. Is there a Plex or better in the draft? Is there a smaller physical type WR in the draft? ( Ward like.)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No. I think we have enough of the smaller, shifty guys that you get out in space. We need the big, physical receiver that will GET the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Rather than throw money at a Welker, if the Steelers were going to take a shot on a FA WR, I would prefer it to be Jennings. Bowe will likely command big money, and I don't think he is worth it, but I'd prefer a larger WR as opposed to Welker.

Legend

User Info Menu

Welker turns 32 this offseason and is entering his 10th year in the NFL. I thought the idea was make the team younger, not older.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    If not resigned by the Pats. Would you sign Welker to maybe what the steelers see as a Wallace type deal if he would take it and Wallace walks? Do you think he could be a beast in Haleys offense? Is Welker a #1 in Haleys offense?
    I know a bunch here want the big monster WR but it might not happen. Is there a Plex or better in the draft? Is there a smaller physical type WR in the draft? ( Ward like.)
    I like Chris Harper from Kansas State. He has a strong build and is 6'1" 230lbs. He went to Oregon as a QB before converting to WR and transferring to Kansas State. He is built like Anquan Boldin (6'1" 225 lbs.) He is projected to go in the 4-5 round range.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Where does Ryan Swope fall in the draft? Kid put up some numbers at A&M. Not huge, but 6'1" 205-ish.

Legend

User Info Menu

As far as FA WR's go- the Giants pair of Hixon & Bardon could be good value.

And with all the big name WR's in this draft- Chadman would take Da'Rick Rogers out of Tenn Tech- if you take character concerns out of the equation (drug issues- but the Steelers took the chance on Adams & so far, so good) he is EVERYTHING you want in a #1 WR- big, physical, catches with his hands, fights for ther ball... he's the real deal.

There are a few mid to later round options that could help- Swope being one of those for sure.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    No. I think we have enough of the smaller, shifty guys that you get out in space. We need the big, physical receiver that will GET the ball.
    This x 1,000

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Where does Ryan Swope fall in the draft? Kid put up some numbers at A&M. Not huge, but 6'1" 205-ish.
    I can't see Tomlin drafting a white player at a skill position. With that said, Swope is interesting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I can't see Tomlin drafting a white player at a skill position. With that said, Swope is interesting.
    While it would seem that more black players are selected under Tomlin than white players, it's a little unfair to make the 'skill players' comment as 'most' skill players- WR's, CB's etc... are black.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S