Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuts announced - Dwyer, Ta'amu, McFadden and more

Legend

User Info Menu

Cuts announced - Dwyer, Ta'amu, McFadden and more

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Miller-activated-Dwyer-among-22-cuts/cc90b66d-3f13-4d5f-9d55-fc9ab19b875b[/url]

Hawthorne, Justin Brown, Dunn see the list here

Legend

User Info Menu

22 cuts

Dwyer
    Ta'amu
    McFadden
    Moorman
    Hawthorne
    Dunn
    Justin (not Curtis) Brown
    Victorian
    McCoy
    Golic Jr.
    Madsen
    Hubbard
    Arnfelt
    Baxter
    Garvin
    Devin Smith
    Alvester Alexander
    Kashif Moore
    Overbay
    Joe Long
    Ventrone
    Brian Rolle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It will be interesting to see who makes the practice squad. Justin Brown..Hawthorne. arnfelt.
    And either ling or golic
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope we can stash baxter, amfelt, j brown, and taamu

I can't believe cromartie-smith made it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't see Whimper...ugh
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I hope we can stash baxter, amfelt, j brown, and taamu

I can't believe cromartie-smith made it.
    lol I know

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why the F would they cut dwyer??????

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

fumbling is my guess

plus he adds zero ST value.

I'm fine with that one.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought that Redman would be more in danger than Dwyer as he has barely been on the field this summer. However, I guess they know a lot about both men so as the entire decision did not rest on the last two months.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Why the F would they cut dwyer??????
    [URL="http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/08/steelers-activate-miller-dwyer-among.html"]Steelers activate Miller, Dwyer among cuts to get to 53[/URL]

In moves that should be shocking to nobody who reads this blog regularly, the Steelers activated Heath Miller from the PUP list on Saturday and released running back Jonathan Dwyer, their leading rusher from 2012.

Miller likely won't be ready to play in the regular season opener, but shouldn't miss too much time as he continues his comeback from a torn ACL.

Dwyer, meanwhile, had lost the trust of the coaching staff after showing up overweight again in the offseason. He had also shown a lackadaisical attitude over the years, showing up late for meetings and such - things that are obviously frowned upon.

The release of Dwyer means the Steelers will go into the opener next week with Isaac Redman, Felix Jones and LaRod Stephens-Howling as their primary ballcarriers until Le'Veon Bell is ready to go.

Bell, who is off crutches and moving around much better, has been in and out of his walking boot as well. He's likely at least two weeks from returning to action.

Recent draft picks Alameda Ta'amu, a nose tackle taken in the fourth round in 2012, cornerback Terry Hawthorne, a fifth-round pick this year, and wide receiver Justin Brown, a sixth-round pick this year, were also released.

In addition to Dwyer, veterans released included linebacker Marshall McFadden, cornerback Josh Victorian, tight end Jamie McCoy and punter Brian Moorman were released.

McFadden was beaten out for an inside linebacker spot by Kion Wilson and Vince Williams, Victorian by Curtis Brown and Moorman by Drew Butler.

First-year players released included wide receiver Kashif Moore, running back Alvester Alexander, tight end Nathan Overbay and tackle Joe Long. Veteran linebacker Brian Rolle and safety Ross Ventrone were also released.

Eight undrafted rookies were also released, wide receiver Reggie Dunn, offensive linemen Mike Golic Jr., Joe Madsen and Chris Hubbard, defensive end Brian Arnfelt, linebackers Alan Baxter and Terence Garvin and cornerback Devin Smith.