Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Haley and Lebeau game plans

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    That's what you get when you only throw to the sidelines. The fastest WR in the NFL made no effort to get him down.
    I don't agree that we only throw to the sidelines, however that seems to be all the opposing O needs to do to move the ball up the field on us. I do agree that Wallace could have tackled that guy while he was on the ground on the INT (and said so in the chat).
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looked to me like Wallace rounded off his cut to the sideline and had upfield momentum making it easy to undercut the route, then he stumbled upfield and out of bounds. Not sure how much of a chance he had to touch the interceptor down. Would like to see a replay closely.

Starter

User Info Menu

Bad play call in my opinion. You only need 4 yards. Heath is having a big game. I say its on Ben cuz they were in no huddle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    I don't agree that we only throw to the sidelines, however that seems to be all the opposing O needs to do to move the ball up the field on us. I do agree that Wallace could have tackled that guy while he was on the ground on the INT (and said so in the chat).
    85% or more of our passes are outside the hashes...didn't mean 'right along the sideline.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Lebeau's gameplan sucks. 12 yard cushions on 3rd & short all day long.
    LeBeau put his template defense out there. Why would you expect anything else even when we couldn't pressure Romo playing behind one of the worst OLs in the league. Rush just three and four whether it works or not.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know why we are focusing on the offense and defense.

We lost this game on special teams. The fumble on our PR and the long Dallas KR in OT were the worst plays of the game. We've been losing on special teams all year long.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    LeBeau put his template defense out there. Why would you expect anything else even when we couldn't pressure Romo playing behind one of the worst OLs in the league. Rush just three and four whether it works or not.
    Lebeau has to get some credit here. After the big return, I was pretty certain that the Cowboys would score. They did not need much at to get into FG range, yet the D held, despite not even having Lewis.

Legend

User Info Menu

There is no need to help out our 4th and 5th string corners and the 5th string safety playing nickel corner in coverage against the likes of Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, and Jason Witten. Just go blitz happy and leave our inexperienced practice squad players alone on an island against those All-Pro types...I'm sure that would have worked better.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    There is no need to help out our 4th and 5th string corners and the 5th string safety playing nickel corner in coverage against the likes of Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, and Jason Witten. Just go blitz happy and leave our inexperienced practice squad players alone on an island against those All-Pro types...I'm sure that would have worked better.

Could it have worked worse. Romo completed like 30 passes and had all day to throw. The only time his throws were off was when he got pressured. I would assume there is a link there.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Could it have worked worse. Romo completed like 30 passes and had all day to throw. The only time his throws were off was when he got pressured. I would assume there is a link there.
    In the fourth quarter the Steelers' defense managed to make the necessary stops and gave the STs and offense a chance to win the game, in my mind, the defense did enough at a crucial moment and then, of course, a great return leading by 7 and a chance to make it a two score game and burn clock, but careless ball security and a weak fumble costs the Steelers dearly. They simply couldn't capitalize when the opportunity arose, the defense gets spanked most of the game, but makes critical stops, the offense struggles early, then gets the lead, the STs play okay, but then put the ball on the ground right when the offense was clicking and the offense doesn't get a chance to ice the game.

It was like watching the entire season in one game.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount