Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh oh, as some predicted

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

And a wannabe Mental Health expert and Social Psychology Researcher as well. Talk about delusions ...
    Wannabe mental health expert? Social psychology researcher? Are you all the way with us? Your non sequitur offering is beyond confusing. Please try to stay with the thread's line of conversation. Thank you.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i'd bet wallass is faking it so he doesnt have to practrice.
    where was there any proof that he was actually working out wth a trainer in florida? because his agent said he was? an agent wouldnt lie about him being in great shape and working really hard to try to get a huge contract would he?
    we were told he was faster than ever because of this 'training'. i have yet to see him get behind a db.
    I don't mind if he doesn't get behind DBs, as long as he keeps catching touchdowns in front of them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Wannabe mental health expert? Social psychology researcher? Are you all the way with us? Your non sequitur offering is beyond confusing. Please try to stay with the thread's line of conversation. Thank you.

You're like a politician. You say a lot of things, try to make them sound fancy, and a little bit of what you say actually shows some knowledge and makes sense. The rest of it is just ridiculous and has an air of talking down to people.

Oh yeah...and nobody really likes you. Yep, you're definitely just like a politician.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    You're like a politician. You say a lot of things, try to make them sound fancy, and a little bit of what you say actually shows some knowledge and makes sense. The rest of it is just ridiculous and has an air of talking down to people.

Oh yeah...and nobody really likes you. Yep, you're definitely just like a politician.
    The "politician" claim is beyond inaccurate. Politicians only say things to be liked. How am I being like a politician when you claim I assert things that make me disliked? Can you grasp how flawed your logic is? Oh well. Peace be with you. And, just for future consideration: When you come at people with ad hominem attacks, you can expect, at the very least, for them to "talk down to you," if not full out return insults. It's odd how some let insults fly and then whine when they get a reaction from said insults. It's like the character, Paulie, in the "Rocky" series. After a rant of insults about the people surrounding the LA gym of Apollo Creed's, and Rocky says, "Maybe they don't like you either," and Paulie responds, "What did I do to them?" God bless.

Backup

User Info Menu

Trainers are mostly delusional, thinking they offer such genius that they make a huge difference in athletic performance. I watch what the "certified" trainers do in my gym, and they basically torture their "clients" without offering superior results. In other words, they make their clients do extreme crap that doesn't make them in any better shape them doing other stuff that is not as much like torture. You don't need to make people do walking lunges across the gym in order to get their legs in shape. Not necessary. It cracks me up that trainers think that being "certified" makes them such an authority on the subject. How hard is it to get that certification? I know so many "dull knives" who are certified trainers. They are everywhere.

I also know how NFL strength coaches roll. Their biggest, by far, concern is not getting players injured. That is by far their highest priority. But, bottom line, free weights are the most effective way to train football players, other than playing football. But an over-emphasis of power rack training can put too much stress and wear and tear on ankles, feet and knees, adding more stress to those body parts when they are already getting stress from just running around on the field.
    I recall Tom Coughlin was all about hard core power racks with free weights, like squats, clean and jerks, etc. but he kept having lots of lower body injuries. Was there a relation? Some feel there was. If only he had a "certified trainer" to consult him.
    Bob Roguski had some input into Tom Coughlins training ideas, and he was also my strength and conditioning coach in college, he currently works for the Ravens though. Coach Roguski was a certified trainer, and he made us do some crazy stuff, and we got great results. What exactly is your point? ....I do have to say your BS does keep this forum entertaining though. But tell me how you know how NFL trainers...strength and conditioning coaches, roll? Do you know one?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think it's about time we got back to the serious issue at hand:

Groins can last for months.
    I, for one, am hoping that my groin will last me until the day I die. God forbid a few months from now I'm walking down the street and my groin falls off. I would appreciate some input from some of you self-professed groin experts. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

Eni ~ You are ON FIRE tonight !!!

Hey, it's hard to go wrong when given such great material.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    You are supposed to consult with a doctor if they last for more than 4 hours.
    Either that or help conceive a quirky Robin William character while unconscious... (testing your movie knowledge with this one)
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt their is very little evidence to support that Wallace suffered a groin injury as a result of not participating in camp.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's clear that nobody here is all the way with you. It is the other way around ... you are not with us here. Your posts are alienating many others here, and you just are not getting it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy;52pencil Lin [COLOR=#00ff00
    ~ You are ON FIRE tonight !!!

[/COLOR]
    I think a shot of pencillin will stop the burning

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Either that or help conceive a quirky Robin William character while unconscious... (testing your movie knowledge with this one)
    You may have gotten me here...is that the one where Robin Williams plays a kid who's aging in dog years (I believe it was called "Jack")? I doubt that's how the Genie from Aladdin was conceived (unless the folks at Disney are perverts). Maybe that's how Teddy Roosevelt from Night at the Museum was conceived.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.