Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it Haley, Art Rooeny or Mike Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree.. we hired the wrong OC. We should have hired Caldwell... goes to show you how smart the fans are because I'm pretty sure no one wanted Caldwell.
    I'll admit to being wrong on that one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'll admit to being wrong on that one.
    We all were.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The OL isn't the biggest problem on offense. The OL isn't playing up to par yet and hopefully as the chemistry develops it will improve. If the 5 that took the field last night stay healthy and develop they will be fine. The ONLY tweek I would do right now is cut Wallace and bring in Starks. I don't believe Wallace's salary is guaranteed. Adams & Gilbert need a PUSH and I would find the best combination at OT out of the Adams, Gilbert, & Starks. The loser is active with Beachum and put Whimper in street clothes where he belongs.

The biggest problem on offense is play calling, TE play, and Cotchery being the #3. A LB or S on Cotchery??? Are you kidding me? Nobody could recognize that on the sideline that the Bengals had ZERO fear of covering Cotchery & Paulson with LBs or a S. How do you expect to thin on the box when 11 personnel doesn't draw nickel. If Paulson is on the field, it has to be Wheaton as the #3. When Miller gets back healthy, MAYBE Cotchery can see some #3 but the personnel groupings are making things easy on the DCs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    The OL isn't the biggest problem on offense. The OL isn't playing up to par yet and hopefully as the chemistry develops it will improve. If the 5 that took the field last night stay healthy and develop they will be fine. The ONLY tweek I would do right now is cut Wallace and bring in Starks. I don't believe Wallace's salary is guaranteed. Adams & Gilbert need a PUSH and I would find the best combination at OT out of the Adams, Gilbert, & Starks. The loser is active with Beachum and put Whimper in street clothes where he belongs.

The biggest problem on offense is play calling, TE play, and Cotchery being the #3. A LB or S on Cotchery??? Are you kidding me? Nobody could recognize that on the sideline that the Bengals had ZERO fear of covering Cotchery & Paulson with LBs or a S. How do you expect to thin on the box when 11 personnel doesn't draw nickel. If Paulson is on the field, it has to be Wheaton as the #3. When Miller gets back healthy, MAYBE Cotchery can see some #3 but the personnel groupings are making things easy on the DCs.
    The OL IS the biggest problem.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    The OL IS the biggest problem.
    The OL has to get better but they aren't the save all or blame all. Bicknell & his scheme hasn't made them better. The OL isn't generating the DC's gameplans...It's Haley's system and two guys named Paulson & Cotchery that are making life easy on the DCs. When 11 personnel doesn't draw at nickel...There is a problem. Both the Bengals & Titans attacked it. The Steelers can't run against it because Paulson draws a LB in coverage and he can't block the run blitz. So trotting a 3rd WR on the field that doesn't get rid of a LB is counter productive. Paulson inline is walking up the S and the run blitz is coming.

The Steelers have NO outs right now. They have an OT as their #2 TE and their #1 TE can't set the edge. There is a reason they didn't run an outside zone run. When BB went hurry up to keep them in base...You look for the TE and #3 mismatch. How did the Bengals counter it? They blitzed because the could cover behind with a LB & S on Paulson & Cotchery and took away BB's quick reads off the blitz. Man up single high. When Wallace & Miller were "those guys" they drew at least nickel & sometimes dime with Cover 2 over the Top. Miller needs to get healthy ASAP and Wheaton needs to get on the field to walk off a LB. If Wheaton draws nickel they may have a shot with Paulson until Miller gets back. I expect to see much improvement which will trickle to the run game just when Miller gets healthy & Wheaton is the #3. No need to argue the point. It will be answered on the field once it happens.

Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 09-17-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If Ben doesn't overthrow some of those passes (especially the long 3rd down to a wide open Cotchery), the same result could have been obtained...