Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers could pull Redman's tender offer

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Or you go to an Off Coord who isn't your buddy and lets you know that you need to perform to a higher standard than you have been and he isn't going to kiss your backside. We all believe that the offense underachieved under Arians and I'm sure the pressure in on from haley.

I don't see Haley letting the players sit in a comfoort zone and there are mariginal player like Redman I'm sure he let know that they were replaceable. Sometimes in life the teacher you hated the most in school is the one who prepared you best for life and success.
    that's bullchit... you say that now but if players keep leaving and production keeps suffering under Haley I think you will change your tune. Whether you want to admit it or not an OC needs to win players over.

This isn't a movie... Haley needs to show me he can win players over talented players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Huh? sporadic toughness? crapped the bed?

Redman is not uber talented, but questioning his toughness is plain insanity.

Go back and watch the Giants game. He played hurt and ran like a man possessed all game long. He was injured through most of last season. It happens.
    questioning Redman is crazy talk... he is what he is... I wanted him to be more but he is a chain mover. Nothing more...

anyone who thought he would be a top 10 RB (that includes me, LOL) needs to blame themselves, not Redman. For the record..I expected him to put up some 100 yard games.. I didn't expect him to be Peterson or Frank Gore.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Does it become guaranteed? It was my understanding that the Steelers could cut Redman or Dwyer in camp and that their salary would not be guaranteed. Is that incorrect?
    Perhaps someone could clarify. My understanding is if a tender is signed...It is guranteed. Obviously once signed it can not be withdrawn. If a tender is unsigned...It still counts under rule 51 unless withdrawn. If withdrawn, he becomes an URFA. If he doesn't sign it in the next week or so, he can only sign with the Steelers to play in the 2013 league year. Come June 1st, there are different things that could happen if the tender remains unsigned where the Steelers could withdraw and offer another number while retaining his rights. To answer your question, I do believe any RFA tender including right of first refusal is guranteed in that league year once signed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Perhaps someone could clarify. My understanding is if a tender is signed...It is guranteed. Obviously once signed it can not be withdrawn. If a tender is unsigned...It still counts under rule 51 unless withdrawn. If withdrawn, he becomes an URFA. If he doesn't sign it in the next week or so, he can only sign with the Steelers to play in the 2013 league year. Come June 1st, there are different things that could happen if the tender remains unsigned where the Steelers could withdraw and offer another number while retaining his rights. To answer your question, I do believe any RFA tender including right of first refusal is guranteed in that league year once signed.
    If anybody has the time and desire to see if the CBA clarifies this, have at it!!

[URL]http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/General/2011_Final_CBA_Searchable_Bookmarked.pdf[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

With the Steelers cap so strapped, and with key players moving on, Chadman can't see the benefit in having 2 RB's that essentially perform the same task on gameday on the roster, at the same cost against the cap.

They have Dwyer, who is a tough, between the tackles, RB. Why get Redman, who is the same type of RB?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    With the Steelers cap so strapped, and with key players moving on, Chadman can't see the benefit in having 2 RB's that essentially perform the same task on gameday on the roster, at the same cost against the cap.

They have Dwyer, who is a tough, between the tackles, RB. Why get Redman, who is the same type of RB?
    Redman is a bit more versatile - I think he's a better receiver, and he can also lead block and run as a FB. I think $1.2 million or whatever the actual number is seems like decent compensation for Redman - not a bargain, not a great deal. If it came down to Redman or Bradshaw, then yes, I'd take Bradshaw, but I'd prefer Bradshaw, Redman, Dwyer and a pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Redman is a bit more versatile - I think he's a better receiver, and he can also lead block and run as a FB. I think $1.2 million or whatever the actual number is seems like decent compensation for Redman - not a bargain, not a great deal. If it came down to Redman or Bradshaw, then yes, I'd take Bradshaw, but I'd prefer Bradshaw, Redman, Dwyer and a pick.
    Agreed to a degree- Redman is a more rounded type of RB to Dwyer. But not enough, in Chadman's opinion, to sink another $1m into. Bradshaw is worth the money they want to pay Redman. Get him signed, draft a RB at some point & pick up a UDFA to be the 4th guy to push/compete with Batch for the #4 RB spot.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pull the tender away, sign Bradshaw. Boom, done.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Whatever they do with Bradshaw, I hope its after the draft. This guy's feet are a mess, I'd hate to sink the money into him (whatever the amount) for him to be hurt and not able to contribute. There's so little money, why take the chance? I'd rather use the money on Starks but the FO doesn't seem to want him back for whatever reason. Is the risk of a proven vet who is often injured less than drafting a RB and picking one up as an UDFA? I think I would prefer the latter.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

If anybody has the time and desire to see if the CBA clarifies this, have at it!!

[URL]http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/General/2011_Final_CBA_Searchable_Bookmarked.pdf[/URL]
    I am pretty sure that the tender can be pulled at any time prior to it being signed, and then the money returns to the cap. Once signed, the tender is guaranteed for the season. This comes from memory, not actual research, so it is potentially as flawed as I am.