Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaMarr Woodley should move to ROLB

Legend

User Info Menu

LaMarr Woodley should move to ROLB

He is going to come into camp and the season in shape after skipping a year and with James gone we need someone to step up. With everyone we now have, LaMarr is our best. Worilds plays better on the left side. Unless we get Jarvis Jones, which aint happening, they'll be the 2 best we got and I hope we can survive.

Good idea? Bad Idea?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Bad idea and you know why.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    He is going to come into camp and the season in shape after skipping a year and with James gone we need someone to step up. With everyone we now have, LaMarr is our best. Worilds plays better on the left side. Unless we get Jarvis Jones, which aint happening, they'll be the 2 best we got and I hope we can survive.

Good idea? Bad Idea?
    Left or Right won't matter until he commits to his fitness and stays healthy. If he does he can be successful on either side. I do like the idea of the "power rusher" at ROLB because like Harrison that is all Woodley has---a bullrush. Worilds seems to have more moves and I like the idea of the QB needing to wonder where he is coming from and seeing him in his face.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Switch him to DE in a 4-3.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why, is it easier to succeed on the right side when you are a fat slob? Because that's what is going to be needed since Woodley is such an undisciplined, lazy pig. He got his big pay day and then went on a wing/pizza-eating binge. Way to go. Way to be professional. What a TURD. If LW put in an honest day's work, we would have won a few more games and made the play offs. Thanks for being a POS, Lamar.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Why, is it easier to succeed on the right side when you are a fat slob? Because that's what is going to be needed since Woodley is such an undisciplined, lazy pig. He got his big pay day and then went on a wing/pizza-eating binge. Way to go. Way to be professional. What a TURD. If LW put in an honest day's work, we would have won a few more games and made the play offs. Thanks for being a POS, Lamar.
    Just a shot in the dark here, are you questioning Lamar's work ethic?

Seriously, I would hope he at least restructures and the media attention on Tom Shaw's invitation for offseason conditioning will motivate him to come into next season with better preparation.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Just a shot in the dark here, are you questioning Lamar's work ethic?

Seriously, I would hope he at least restructures and the media attention on Tom Shaw's invitation for offseason conditioning will motivate him to come into next season with better preparation.
    If not, I would cut/trade him outright. By allowing LW to come in like a fat pig, it sends a bad message to all the other players. Why should he be allowed to come in/stay at a fat boy level weight, but others are expected to be at ideal weight? That is BS; Tomlin is FAIL. It is his fault for allowing it. Way to go. Way to provide no leadership or discipline. That really works out well. I hope Art tore him a new butt hole. We will see.

Sometimes, you have to take matters in your own hands. If Tomlin is FAIL at providing and ensuring team discipline, Art better put a boot up his arse and let him know that isn't acceptable. Find another coach who will do the job.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones' status as a top 10 draft pick this April fully depends on how confident teams are about his health.

Jones has received very good news on that front in the form of a new medical report recently sent to NFL teams. Dan Pompei of the National Football Post reported that leading orthopedist Craig Brigham concluded that Jones never had a significant spinal cord contusion. Brigham's findings refute fidings by USC doctors who diagnosed Jones with spinal stenosis in 2009.

USC wouldn't medically clear Jones, leading to the linebacker's decision to transfer.

Brigham believes Jones had a very mild incident of spinal cord concussion or a stinger. Either way, the doctor believes the situation has long since been resolved. Jones' ability to star for two seasons at Georgia provides evidence in support of Brigham's conclusion.

Brigham said Jones could continue playing even if another similar injury occurred. He concluded: "Jarvis is cleared to play without restriction."

This won't remove all doubt from the equation, but Brigham's medical report should provide some peace of mind to teams who believe Jones can be a centerpiece of an NFL defense. Don't expect a first-round free-fall here.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149233/article/jarvis-jones-reportedly-receives-good-medical-report[/url]

I am not an advocate of drafting Jones, but for those of you who are, this sounds like good news for him.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    He is going to come into camp and the season in shape after skipping a year and with James gone we need someone to step up. With everyone we now have, LaMarr is our best. Worilds plays better on the left side.
    Worilds definitely plays much better on the left side so I think switching Woodley to the right side is at least something the Steelers should consider and look at in pre-season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Worilds definitely plays much better on the left side so I think switching Woodley to the right side is at least something the Steelers should consider and look at in pre-season.
    I have no problem with this...if Woodley can be the healthy LaMarr Woodley, it's a no-brainer...