Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haley ain't too bright.

Backup

User Info Menu

So when the lack of a deep threat is glaringly obvious, why is the guy who could potentially fill that role (Wheaton) on the bench?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This thread has said exactly what I wanted to say:

I've been running hot since they jagged around and let Marvin through that challenge flag. What's more important? The possession or a down?

End around to Cotchery? I live in Raleigh and I don't remember NCSU running an end around to Cotchery when he was YOUNG.

I'm over Haley now. That was awful awful awful play calling. I knew it was going to be like this on our first 3rd down, and we ran.

Also, cut Isaac Redman right this second. Don't even give him a ride home.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Good Lord! Haley did what you wanted!!

Let Ben pass more.

Stop going with so many 3TE sets.

I don't think the problem is Haley (this week). Symptom: Cotchery was wide open on a 3rd and 13, and Ben just flat out missed him. The passing game is out of sync, but I don't think it's Haley nearly as much as the players (or lack thereof)...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Running the reverse with Cotchery boggles the mind.
    So true. And then last week he had La Rod Stevens Hawking pass-blocking (trying to, and failing miserably) against a huge DL rusher. He was roadkill. That seems equally stupid.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    The play calling is simply mind boggling.
    Except it is not boggling the opponents' minds.

Legend

User Info Menu

I had it with Haley from the first drive. Two pointless runs into the middle of the line with Redman, then the crap run to Felix Jones that had no prayer. I'm not sure if that was on Haley or if Ben audibled, but I hated Haley's game right from the onset.

The end around to Cotchery was special. Haley's best call was the fade to Moye. Otherwise, blech.

The fascination with Redman is also mind boggling. Felix Jones was the more effective back, yet Redman continues to see PT.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I had it with Haley from the first drive. Two pointless runs into the middle of the line with Redman, then the crap run to Felix Jones that had no prayer. I'm not sure if that was on Haley or if Ben audibled, but I hated Haley's game right from the onset.

The end around to Cotchery was special. Haley's best call was the fade to Moye. Otherwise, blech.

The fascination with Redman is also mind boggling. Felix Jones was the more effective back, yet Redman continues to see PT.
    I was so mad that we didn't take advantage of the good field position on first drive..Terrible play calling... They new we were going to try and run..This is why we shouldn't have....
    Haley is stubborn with his play calling..He needs to understand that the play calling should be what we can do not what we cannot..

Legend

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well I was a Haley supporter when he came here but he is the one on the hot seat as the season goes on. We know Tomlin isn't going anywhere. I have my problems with Tomlin but the finger pointing will be at Haley.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Well I was a Haley supporter when he came here but he is the one on the hot seat as the season goes on. We know Tomlin isn't going anywhere. I have my problems with Tomlin but the finger pointing will be at Haley.
    No one looks happy in this offense...

Big Tomlin supporter but if he is handcuffed or doesn't have the balls to go to Dan and move on from Haley he needs to go to... I understand we can't win the SB every year but we look pathetic and our talent level isn't that bad. It's not great but it isn't horrible and regardless Haley and Tomlin need to throw the young guys in and let them sink or swim. No reason to "develop these guys slowly"