Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fine for Bostic hit a Joke. This is not good for any NFL Team

Legend

User Info Menu

Fine for Bostic hit a Joke. This is not good for any NFL Team

In case you missed it, Bostic of the Bears was fined $21K for a hit on a receiver. A legal, clean hit that was text-book perfect (no flag thrown). At this point in the NFL; I have lost the ability to understand what a "defenseless WR" would be, seeing as Willie catches the ball, turns, and has taken at least 2-3 steps before being hit. Apparently there is never a time you can tackle a player with the ball.

Total embarrassment for the NFL to fine a guy for this hit and it's this type of sh** that's going to cost a team a game when a ref throws a flag in a critical moment. Disgusting.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/0ap2000000230462/Bostic-s-spectacular-tackle-forces-incompletion[/URL]
    Last edited by Ghost; 08-22-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think you have to hit a WR's knees for it to be legal.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think alot of that fine gets redused. And it should. I'm not upset that they fined him even if there was no flag on that play, thats Irrelevant. Alot of times that happens. I just think the league paniced because of the Force of the hit, and not looking at the hit itself. I think they reduce it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    In case you missed it, Bostic of the Bears was fined $21K for a hit on a receiver. A legal, clean hit that was text-book perfect (no flag thrown). At this point in the NFL; I have lost the ability to understand what a "defenseless WR" would be, seeing as Willie catches the ball, turns, and has taken at least 2-3 steps before being hit. Apparently there is never a time you can tackle a player with the ball.

Total embarrassment for the NFL to fine a guy for this plan and it's this type of sh** that's going to cost a team a game when a ref throws a flag in a critical moment. Disgusting.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/0ap2000000230462/Bostic-s-spectacular-tackle-forces-incompletion[/URL]
    The NFL is a joke!! It's been this way since ROGER took over. Harrison was getting fined for perfectly legal hits, also...

You can blow up a guy at his knees, possibly end his career, and that's a legal hit???

It's physically impossible for a defensive player to NOT tackle with some portion of his helmet contacting the offensive player.

Not only is it physically impossible, it's especially difficult for the defensive player to adjust his strike zone in a milli-second, to
    avoid "illegal" contact with an offensive player moving at the speed at which they do...

FOOTBALL is about physical contact, aggression, and entertainment of the fans. The No Fun League is becoming a Sham.

I love the Steelers, but the Roger Goodell's, and other executives are so worried about lawsuits and losing money, that the
    game has become DISGUSTING to watch.

I can't wait for a team to lose a game because, the refs threw a flag on a perfectly legal hit. It seems to me that the NFL keeps
    adjusting the rules of so-called illegal hits.

The NFL is giving fines away like candy. It's a great way to get back some of the money lost to the retired players medical costs.

I'm in a quandry...how do I watch my team, knowing that it's all bull$hit!!!

JD
    Last edited by JDSteeler; 08-22-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Backup

User Info Menu

I wanna see what Goodell does to Browns WR Greg Little. Did any of you hear about his driving issues lately ? Driving 146 MPH in a 60 MPH Zone ? Lost control of his car with passengers, hit the side of the Medium, and left like a 150 Ft skid mark. And then just recntly was clocked at 90 MPH, with no Tags or Plates on his car ? I wanna see how Goodell handles that.

Administrator

User Info Menu

That was a great clean hit.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

If hits like this are finable, Shark's gonna be suspended by game 3 as a repeat offender.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    That was a great clean hit.
    Best part - NFL.com had this clip up on the NFL website as one of the "tackles of the weekend" before someone realized they were actually going to fine the guy. Unbelievable.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers defender not opposed to ban on low hits on defenseless receivers

Posted by Mike Florio on August 22, 2013

Hell has frozen over. Dogs and cats are living together. A member of the Steelers defense is advocating further protections for defenseless receivers.

That’s what linebacker Larry Foote had to say to reporters on Wednesday, via 105.9 The X in Pittsburgh.

Specifically, Foote has no problem with a ban on low hits by defenders against receivers who have yet to get in position to protect themselves. Foote realizes that many offensive players have been injured when defensive players have gone low, especially before the offensive players can brace for contact.

“As long as they turn up and see you coming you can hit them wherever you want,” Foote said.

Foote added that he doesn’t think it’s a dirty play “because they’ve been doing it for ages.” But he realizes the benefit of the added protection. And he supports it.

In contrast, defensive players routinely resist changes aimed at reducing blows to or with the helmet. The fact that so many players support a restriction on low hits means that the league and the union should commence immediately efforts to make the rules match the expectations of the men who are playing the game.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/22/steelers-defender-not-opposed-to-ban-on-low-hits-on-defenseless-receivers/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha