Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone who thinks Tomlin or Colbert are going anywhere

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    The kid is being asked to grasp an incredibly complex D (which is where his "problems with assignments" arise). All he had to do in college is go get the QB. Rarely does an OLB come in and contribute in all phases and packages in this league. He is being asked to play a majority of the snaps because of his talent and ability to cause chaos. However he is experiencing paralyzation by analyzation . Turn him lose and let him do what he does best. Let him learn the nuances over time.
    I think we would see an immediate improvement if we threw out 50% of the tricks and just played "beat your man" football.

Hell, I think the same could be said for our OL. Too many times I see our OL doubling inside and ignoring a guy right in front of him or diving at a guys feet so he can get walked on like a red carpet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    A lot of those issues, and specifically, the oline, are a result of drafting. The Steelers came into the second with 2 #1s, 2 #2s and a UDFA on the line. That should have been more than enough if those guys played up to their billing. As for injuries, every team in the league has injuries.
    every team has injuries but we tend to have more than most teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    The kid is being asked to grasp an incredibly complex D (which is where his "problems with assignments" arise). All he had to do in college is go get the QB. Rarely does an OLB come in and contribute in all phases and packages in this league. He is being asked to play a majority of the snaps because of his talent and ability to cause chaos. However he is experiencing paralyzation by analyzation . Turn him lose and let him do what he does best. Let him learn the nuances over time.
    Saying it's complex is fine and I'm sure it is. But when he goes after the QB, I really don't see him being that big of a threat either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I watched Seneca Wallace vs. McCown at QB last night. The Steelers injury issues pale in comparison.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Good article from Wexell (Free) about the state of the team.

[URL]http://pit.scout.com/2/1343212.html[/URL]

I agree with this part:
    Wexell is wrong on this one. This team isn't 2-6 talent.

This team has lacked fire and leadership IMO. This team looked ill prepared on several occasions. This team has lacked player development for several years and it isn't all on Colbert either.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not true. We are not that banged up compared to a lot of teams. Why are Steelers fans always trying to make an excuse? This mindset is probably something the Browns have had for decades. We're a loser because we have had some bad luck.. That's BS... This team is a bunch of losers because they are infact losers.... not because of injuries. The coaching has sucked and the players have been playing poorly. It's that simple.

Seattle is missing both their LT and RT... the Broncos lost their all-pro LT for the entire season and lost their center for awhile (if not the whole season.. i forget). The Packers have had a hurt James Jones, Finley, Cobb all hurt at the same time. The Bengals lost Atkins. There are tons of HUGE injuries this year. The Steelers have actually been lucky in that regard. This team has NO EXCUSES for being at bad as what they are..

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    This team has NO EXCUSES for being at bad as what they are..
    Yeah, they do. They're just not that good. I know you're looking for any possible reason to fire Tomlin (as you have for a long long time), but Wexell has it EXACTLY right. This team is not that talented. Sure they have some top-end TALENT (most of it aging) , but there is not much true depth. The young talent they have is too young and green to be fully counted on yet, or too injured to be on the field.

You have to step back and look at the big picture, because this is exactly what happened multiple times in the past. Happened with Cowher, happened with Noll. And they both overcame it and put good/great teams on the field afterwards. I expect Tomlin to do the same.

But go ahead and keep screaming about lacking fire. Greg Schiano is SUPER FIERY. You want him here?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yeah, they do. They're just not that good. I know you're looking for any possible reason to fire Tomlin (as you have for a long long time), but Wexell has it EXACTLY right. This team is not that talented. Sure they have some top-end TALENT (most of it aging) , but there is not much true depth. The young talent they have is too young and green to be fully counted on yet, or too injured to be on the field.

You have to step back and look at the big picture, because this is exactly what happened multiple times in the past. Happened with Cowher, happened with Noll. And they both overcame it and put good/great teams on the field afterwards. I expect Tomlin to do the same.

But go ahead and keep screaming about lacking fire. Greg Schiano is SUPER FIERY. You want him here?
    So, the Patriots have so much extra talent that they're 6-2 (without their 2 best D-lineman) than us at 2-6? Your delusional if you think that. That's stricly coaching and being prepared to play and then executing. We're severely lacking in all three areas.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well said. Post more and bring rational thought to the topics.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

It's rational but its not going to solve anything. There are those that could fix this team in 1 or 2 years max and those that need us to lose at an embarassing level for 3+ years in order to see the picture. It's clear who knows how to fix this problem sooner rather than later.