Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Even if Mike Wallace stays

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not outrageous. Avoid preseason for him to save his legs, then bring him back if in a lurch. He'll be desperate to play at that point and would run from Ga to Pa to get in a game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

cotchery also had a great catch for a TD in denver.

I would love to have him back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Plaxico part 2.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    Not as desperate as it seems YET.

Wallace is here for NOW. Cotchery hasn't left YET.

Then we make moves as we lose Cotch or Wallace. We can't really replace them til they leave. If we sign a solid no.4 vet, then Cotch leaves for sure. No reason to preempt that move.
    So we sit, prepare for a mid- to late round pick. And that's that.
    Wallace is still on this team. Cotchery is not. Once the free agent signing period began he is as much a Lion or a Dolphin as he is a Steeler (that is to say he has no team at all).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    This is a fantastic and deep WR draft especially for big physical WRs. I would take two who can help on special teams in the middle rounds or late in the draft (we may have 3 7th rounders). Derrick Williams and Jimmy Young should be able to challenge for a spot as well. I think the Steelers will look to add one vet minimum FA receiver. But, if we sign Wallace to a long term contract, that might not even happen. This team will be very young at WR.
    There are some pretty good small school guys with some good size that should be available in the 7th or as FA. I also wouldnt mind trying for Chris Owusu with a 6th or 7th despite his concussion issues

Derek Carrier – WR – Beloit College 6’3” 238lbs
    Brandon Bostick – WR – Newberry 6’4” 240lbs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You won't even have to go small school. There are so many big receivers that there will be some big school productive guys available in the 6th or 7th.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    You won't even have to go small school. There are so many big receivers that there will be some big school productive guys available in the 6th or 7th.
    i agree, hopefully this is the year we finally get our big redzone threat

Legend

User Info Menu

Derrick Williams is possibly the 'wild card'- his skill set is pretty much exactly what the Steelers would be looking for in a slot/possession type WR. If he's switched on, he could be the guy. Plus- he doubles as a punt returner.

Then you could put Wes Lyons in as the 5th WR to add some height.

All of this at Vet minimum too.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd like to see a 3rd, 4th, or 5th round pick on guys like Marvin McNutt, Juron Criner, DeVier Posey, or an A.J. Jenkins.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That was a big drop, but every receiver drops a ball here and their. Welker had a huge drop in the SB -- I think I'd be ok with him as a slot receiver for Ben.

Cotchery isn't a game breaker, but he is a solid veteran who knows how to get open. I also think there is a lot to be said for having a veteran presence on the roster.
    Welkers drop was a tough catch and if you watch the replay it was a poorly thrown ball.

I know Crotchery is a chain mover but he rarely moved the chains if I remember correctly.