Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think we're going to be embarrassed Sunday night

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i think its funny how some fans criticize others for not going. unless they attend every game, they have no room to talk. as far as the season ticket holders not going. they already contributed their money to help their team stay competitive when they bought those tickets in the spring. what have the complainers done?
    and what have the 24/7 message board complainers done to support their team? It's not like the Steelers are bottom dwellers..1 and most likely two years out of the playoffs and the season ticket holders act like spoiled children and don't show up. At least give your tickets away..there are fans willing to occupy seats. I guess being classified as the best fans in the NFL doesn't matter to most any more.

It's a prime time game against a division rival and beating them throws a wrench in their post season plans. Whether the Steelers are in or out by that point, filling seats to support your team in it's efforts to kick the Bungals in the nads shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by JAR; 12-11-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I shouldn't even type this, but what the heck.

I understand how to those without season tix it seems pretty hard to understand why some would sell. But let me put my own situation in perspective. I've been a ticket holder since the 80's. When Heinz opened up I was in a position to improve the quality of my seats. Currently for 10 games plus parking - It costs me near 6 grand a season. That's before tailgating, time off work etc. Figure between 8-9 grand all year. Now, let's talk about Heinz field and the NFL and all their restrictions on parking lot activities and security. No Fun League indeed! Are those big deals or show stoppers? Nope, but they are factors nevertheless. is it even worth bringing up the price of beer and food inside?

Now, I love my team. I wear steeler gear year round. I rarely miss a game and when I can't go - my kids are thrilled to take the seats. I have never sold my tix on the market and I get angry when I have opposing fans around me.

but when you add it all up AND combine it with team playing poorly - while I'd never do it personally, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to have the cost of a crappy season subsidized.

So when I see empty seats or opposing fans - especially on a cold sunday night when most have to work in the morning and a team on the field that is not very good, it's hard for me to judge them poorly.

Still, I'll be there on Sunday.

As to the 4th quarter however, no promises.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I know some out of state fans that couldn't make it to the game and couldn't even give their tickets to someone who could go. They tried to sell them thru Ticketmaster but told me there were 1000s of unsold tickets to the game that no one was buying.

So I'd say if someone is really saying they'd take someone else's tickets off their hands and go to the game, just go to Ticketmaster because there's a boatload of tickets available every week. And people are taking a hit to get rid of tickets. It's kinda great if you want to go to a game for real. Deals like there are this season have never been available before that I can remember.

Ticket holders loss can be our gain. I'd take advantage if I still lived in the burgh for sure.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I know some out of state fans that couldn't make it to the game and couldn't even give their tickets to someone who could go. They tried to sell them thru Ticketmaster but told me there were 1000s of unsold tickets to the game that no one was buying.

So I'd say if someone is really saying they'd take someone else's tickets off their hands and go to the game, just go to Ticketmaster because there's a boatload of tickets available every week. And people are taking a hit to get rid of tickets. It's kinda great if you want to go to a game for real. Deals like there are this season have never been available before that I can remember.

Ticket holders loss can be our gain. I'd take advantage if I still lived in the burgh for sure.
    Got 4 tickets for $42.00 and a parking pass for $4 on Ebay
    Last edited by JAR; 12-11-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    That's like going to a minor league baseball game or a movie. Everyone should be all over these deals!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That's like going to a minor league baseball game or a movie. Everyone should be all over these deals!!!
    That's what prompted this post...Bungals fans are probably jumping all over the deals....sad.

Legend

User Info Menu

and he gets to see a minor league nfl team
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

That's what prompted this post...Bungals fans are probably jumping all over the deals....sad.

i dont see whats sad about it.
    the bengals are putting a quality product on the field and the fans are willing to spend their hard earned money to support them. we on the other hand are putting crap out there. that along with the economy, weather and xmas expenses, i dont blame steeler fans for not going.

JAR, are you going the last game of the season too?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    But if you go to the game you get to see Antonio Brown after a loss, smiling and yucking it up and exchanging jerseys with AJ Green.
    Did that bother you as much as it bothered me? For some reason Brown, after finding out he stepped out of bounds, had this huge smile on his face as he was crossing the back of the end zone and it really pizzed me off. I'm just a fan and it crushed me so I couldn't believe as a player he was all smiles about it.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

So to be clear, a true fan, as you define it, must go to all games or sell his tickets only to another Steelers fan, even if sold at a financial loss?