Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats sign Sanders

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

5 years from now I won't be surprised if we look back and the Steelers look wise in signing Brown long term and letting Wallace, and potentially Sanders, walk.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

wishbone offense 2014!!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Administrator

User Info Menu

I have a hunch the Steelers will not match the Pats offer.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Sanders is allowed to leave, the pressure will really be on KC to hit on this draft. The drafting and player development has gotten a lot of attention this offseason. The mass exodus of players will not provide a lot of confidence in the locker room I would imagine. Will Allen has already stated the offensive side of the room was somewhat divided. If Sanders is another departure, the onus will really be on Ben more to provide that leadership and the new players need to see a united front between him and Haley.

They need a clear cut decision on whether this is going to be the run first team of old or start embracing the passing game as your breadwinner. As Pappy mentioned, a lot of WRs are not around long, this may have been a product of them emphasizing the run in the past idk. The rules are leaning heavily toward the passing offense as we all know. I'm sure Haley, Tomlin, and KC have a plan. Haley's second year should give us more of a glimpse of that imo.

The fate of Sanders is not hinged on the first two points imo. I think its strictly financial at this point. They prob. let him go and at least get something in return. And I love Sanders, loved the pick and would rather see him remain a Steeler. But to keep him as a UFA next year will probably be prohibitive with the cap stress. A long term deal may not be attained. For as much kudos Omar Khan gets as the cap guru, I wonder if his recent job offers have fallen thru because teams see the current situation. This is speculation as I don't keep up on the financials like some people.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting take from Dale Lolley, in the comments section of his blog:

[URL="http://www.blogger.com/profile/13089003781188560287"]Dale Lolley[/URL] said... The bottom line is this: If Sanders were available via a trade, would they give another team a third-round pick for him?

I think not. So the third-round pick has great value. And as I stated, he'll be a FA at the end of the season again and they could lose him with little compensation - a comp pick a year later.

I think you let him leave and thank the Patriots for taking him off your hands. You went through 2012 with one lame duck receiver, why do it again with another. And believe me, Sanders could play the disgruntled player way better than Wallace.
    Reading that I'm even more on board with Sanders leaving.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Interesting take from Dale Lolley, in the comments section of his blog:

Reading that I'm even more on board with Sanders leaving.
    Sanders more disgruntled than Wallace, I find thatsurprising. SMU coaches held him in high regard coming out of school. Seems like a great teammate to me, but I'm not around the team obviously.
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Sanders more disgruntled than Wallace, I find thatsurprising. SMU coaches held him in high regard coming out of school. Seems like a great teammate to me, but I'm not around the team obviously.
    while at SMU, Sanders was suspended for the final two games of the 2008 season because he was late twice to study hall and another time to practice.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    while at SMU, Sanders was suspended for the final two games of the 2008 season because he was late twice to study hall and another time to practice.
    Interesting, I guess they were just giving the typical "he's a great person" spiel.
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well...It was only speculation but perhaps it had some roots. If Sanders goes to the Pats, only Brown will remain from the original "Young Money". So Wallace, Sanders, Lewis, & Saunders all pushed or allowed ot walk out the door. Maybe Young Money was more about the money than focus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Well...It was only speculation but perhaps it had some roots. If Sanders goes to the Pats, only Brown will remain from the original "Young Money". So Wallace, Sanders, Lewis, & Saunders all pushed or allowed ot walk out the door. Maybe Young Money was more about the money than focus.
    Saw this on Sanders:

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/4/11/4210350/Steelers-Emmanuel-Sanders-Patriots-Twitter[/URL]

Who knows what it means, but it could be that he and Wallace were both po'd and jealous and Brown getting paid first. Maybe just speculation, but who knows.