Thread: Training Camp Question

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Training Camp Question

At this point me and the rest of the Armpits can probably do a day trip (one day) out to Latrobe. Can you guys/gals that have gone to training camp in the past let me know what day (in your opinion) would probably be the best to go. I mean as far as seeing/meeting players, getting pics, etc. Thanks in advance!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd go the same day they're having the night practice at Latrobe high school. Then you get a shot during the day and then again at night.

And then at both spots, get there early, so you get a chance to see guys before practice.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    At this point me and the rest of the Armpits can probably do a day trip (one day) out to Latrobe. Can you guys/gals that have gone to training camp in the past let me know what day (in your opinion) would probably be the best to go. I mean as far as seeing/meeting players, getting pics, etc. Thanks in advance!!!
    Been to Latrobe a few times. Back in the day, they used to have both practices open to the public (morning/afternoon) but now it's just the afternoon sessions open. Make sure to arrive early enough and head up near the locker room door. They'll have a corridor roped off and the players exit the locker room and head to the practice fields through there. Good place to see, talk to, take pics of players and coaches.

Have fun!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd go the same day they're having the night practice at Latrobe high school. Then you get a shot during the day and then again at night.

And then at both spots, get there early, so you get a chance to see guys before practice.
    They do not have two practices open to the public that day; only the night practice at Latrobe Stadium on Friday, 8-3-12 at 7:00 p.m.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.