Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace to Report This Weekend

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Catch the game winning TD in the Super Bowl? That's what he has to do to obtain forgiveness? What if he has a Jerry Rice level performance in the Super Bowl, just to have a John Taylor type come in out of nowhere to catch the game winning score? What if he catches a long bomb at the end of the game but is called down at the 1 yard line, so we run it in for the winning score instead?
    Forgiveness is not mine to grant. I want him to succeed because it benefits what matters...the team. I won't forget how he acted this off season for nothing gained. I would have hoped he would have acted with a little more class.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Forgiveness is not mine to grant. I want him to succeed because it benefits what matters...the team. I won't forget how he acted this off season for nothing gained. I would have hoped he would have acted with a little more class.
    What do you mean "nothing gained?" Bringing this down- if my employer told me that I would make $200K this year no matter what, but I could report to work January 1 or wait until April, guess what I'd do?

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, so he missed most of the preseason. I can't argue that his strategy got him that much. BUT, if it takes him 4 games to become a factor in games, I think the Steelers will hold this grudge very deeply. I am secretly hoping Gilreath shows enough he can leapfrog Manny "made of glass" Sanders on the depth chart.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    OK, so he missed most of the preseason. I can't argue that his strategy got him that much. BUT, if it takes him 4 games to become a factor in games, I think the Steelers will hold this grudge very deeply. I am secretly hoping Gilreath shows enough he can leapfrog Manny "made of glass" Sanders on the depth chart.
    I guess the secrets out now, lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll forgive him the second he puts on the black and gold and starts balling.

That said, I might be more critical of him as I remember he doesn't love the Steelers as much as I do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'll forgive him the second he puts on the black and gold and starts balling.

That said, I might be more critical of him as I remember he doesn't love the Steelers as much as I do.
    None of the players on the actual Steelers team love the Steelers as much as any of us who post on this board regularly do. To them it is a business. To us, it's our passion. The Steelers are their bosses. Do you love your boss?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But you are holding the fact that he missed offseason practices and a few essentially meaningless games (really, preseason games are only meaningful to bubble guys trying to make the roster, not established starters) against him. Meanwhile, Rod Woodson is a Steeler god, and he missed half a season of actual games in a contract holdout.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

None of the players on the actual Steelers team love the Steelers as much as any of us who post on this board regularly do. To them it is a business. To us, it's our passion. The Steelers are their bosses. Do you love your boss?
    +1 to this. I'm as diehard a fan as anyone but I'll never understand the anger directed towards NFL players who are trying to upgrade their deals.

What's the average length of an NFL player's career? 3-4 years? In this case Wallace was not even under contract during the holdout. This wasnt a Revis situation where he was under contract and held out. Why the anger towards the guy? He's trying to get a long term deal so he doesn't have to worry about blowing out a knee in a preseason game while on a one-year contract. I don't fault him at all.

It's just not realistic to think every Steelers player is sitting in their black and gold basement twirling a Terrible Towel like the rest of us morons.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

But you are holding the fact that he missed offseason practices and a few essentially meaningless games (really, preseason games are only meaningful to bubble guys trying to make the roster, not established starters) against him. Meanwhile, Rod Woodson is a Steeler god, and he missed half a season of actual games in a contract holdout.
    I wouldn't say 'god'....I've seen many write very hyper-critical things of Rod because of those afore mentioned contract dealings, the eventual departure to an intra-divisional rival and having great success, and most recently as a jagoff analyst... I know personally, though I'm proud of the black and gold body of work he produced in the past, i cant say Rod is a top ten Steelers fav in my book.... a book that now will have a hard time including Mike Wallace in its pages. Just an opinion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wonder if my position as an employee who has outperformed a low salary as a result of being in a field where first year workers are essentially unknown commodities affects my view towards this.

I wish Wallace was with the team the whole time, but I also understand he needs to protect his future. I hold no ill will what so ever against him.