Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I am already tired of this Gay movement and Sports

Starter

User Info Menu

Actually there is something wrong with the act of homosexuality if you believe the Bible which America and our Gov't has seem to forgotten.

The US does have freedom of religion and no official government religion. It's outlawed in the 1st amendment. We weren't created to be a Christian nation, even though some of the Founding Fathers were Christians. Thomas Jefferson said there needed to be a "wall of separation between church and state". People can believe and practice whatever they want. Doesn't matter who you are, what you believe, you are guaranteed your rights. Any type of discrimination is unconstitutional, even discrimination on religious grounds.

When I turn on SP Center I want to see sports not some idiot reporter comparing the black movement or a culture with the sin of homosexuality. MLK was a great man who would be ashamed if his name and movement was being compared with the Gay culture. Being gay is not a race, culture, ethnicity or so on.

The second people start reacting negatively towards a group if people, by leveling hate speech or removing them from restaurants and other places because of who they are this turns into a civil rights issue. Though MLK was a Christian minister, from what I understand he didn’t take a literal reading of the Bible that condemns homosexuality. King’s vision of a Community, his biblical based vision of humanity transcending its racial and religious differences expanded people’s rights. It did not restrict them.

That being said, I do wish they would stop talking about it so much. I am happy for Michael Sam, I'm glad he can be out in the open, I just wish they would give it a rest. Talk about Michael Sam the football player. But I can promise you one thing. If Jackie Robinson was becoming the first black professional baseball player today, it would be talked about just as much...Probably more so.

Sooo ok now let's get back to steelers football!
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    The difference is there is many pizza joints, thousands of drinks, many different diets...but only one God and one Bible. ONE STANDARD by the way things are to be done.
    That is also great if homosexuals are seeking the Lord but eventually if they find Him the lifestyle will have to end. They will want it to end themselves after finding true meaning.
    My diet allows for no pizza. There's no difference. Religion is a spiritual diet. Some people need it but others don't cause they're already spiritually skinny. To each his own.

You take the Bible literally, but most don't. Either is fine. IMHO if you start thinking about how the Bible applies to someone other than yourself, you've missed the whole point of the Bible narrative.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    My diet allows for no pizza. There's no difference. Religion is a spiritual diet. Some people need it but others don't cause they're already spiritually skinny. To each his own.

You take the Bible literally, but most don't. Either is fine. IMHO if you start thinking about how the Bible applies to someone other than yourself, you've missed the whole point of the Bible narrative.
    So I guess you don't believe in God? I would be wondering a lot on how this world came into existence.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ill give you credit for calling out SC...it is downright annoying. You know what...I don't follow sports for human interest stories.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    The difference is there is many pizza joints, thousands of drinks, many different diets...but only one God and one Bible. ONE STANDARD by the way things are to be done.
    That is also great if homosexuals are seeking the Lord but eventually if they find Him the lifestyle will have to end. They will want it to end themselves after finding true meaning.
    I was really hoping this post would just go away. I started to write last night because wow a sports message board is not the place for this. Let me ask you something. Have you really researched what you believe? Or are you using the Bible to validate hate? The fact is this...the Bible doesn't address a life long commitment between two men. The Bible does address pagan religious practices which involved homosexual sex with young boys. The Bible also addresses in Leviticus men with men...but it also tells you how to cook your of steak...how to cut your hair...and many other rules Christians to this day ignore. Why do they ignore them? Because those rules were meant to carve out a people (the Jewish nation) thousands of years ago. Some today wouldn't even make sense to follow because technology advanced and the rule is no longer needed to keep people safe. The fact is this...the Bible is clear sleeping around (homosexual or heterosexual) is not what God wants for us for many reasons...but all of them to protect us. Sex outside a lifetime commitment carries risks of STDs, and emotional harm. But, the Bible never mentions two men wanting commit their lives to each other, and serve God. So, who are you to say they can't, shouldn't, or are not capable? Who are you to rob them of rights of equality? The job of a Christian isn't to point out the sins in peoples lives (much to many Christians chagrin). Their job as spoken of by Jesus, is to love them as they love themselves. Is that what you are doing with this post? Loving your neighbor? I would welcome any gay man or woman into our church. I would go out of my way to do so. Why? Because gay men and women need God too, and its not my job to say they can't worship. Its my job to love and accept them. If God wants to work on other things with them...well I'll leave that up to God.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just want to go to sports stuff to ignore the stupid stuff going on in the world of news. It's a form of hiding from it all. I agree. Keep gays, communism, Obamacare, etc. out of sports. I hate it.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The media has been very patronizing about the whole openly gay athletes in sports thing. Comes off more as white heterosexual guilt than anything else.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I was really hoping this post would just go away. I started to write last night because wow a sports message board is not the place for this. Let me ask you something. Have you really researched what you believe? Or are you using the Bible to validate hate? The fact is this...the Bible doesn't address a life long commitment between two men. The Bible does address pagan religious practices which involved homosexual sex with young boys. The Bible also addresses in Leviticus men with men...but it also tells you how to cook your of steak...how to cut your hair...and many other rules Christians to this day ignore. Why do they ignore them? Because those rules were meant to carve out a people (the Jewish nation) thousands of years ago. Some today wouldn't even make sense to follow because technology advanced and the rule is no longer needed to keep people safe. The fact is this...the Bible is clear sleeping around (homosexual or heterosexual) is not what God wants for us for many reasons...but all of them to protect us. Sex outside a lifetime commitment carries risks of STDs, and emotional harm. But, the Bible never mentions two men wanting commit their lives to each other, and serve God. So, who are you to say they can't, shouldn't, or are not capable? Who are you to rob them of rights of equality? The job of a Christian isn't to point out the sins in peoples lives (much to many Christians chagrin). Their job as spoken of by Jesus, is to love them as they love themselves. Is that what you are doing with this post? Loving your neighbor? I would welcome any gay man or woman into our church. I would go out of my way to do so. Why? Because gay men and women need God too, and its not my job to say they can't worship. Its my job to love and accept them. If God wants to work on other things with them...well I'll leave that up to God.
    great post...

Unfortunately the Bible is used to kill, hate, separate and bash more than it is to love, forgive and bring people together. People hide behind that book to do justify their vile ways.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Legend says ... "There is only one God and one Bible" & "Homosexuality and football seem like the last 2 things in the world that should be mixing"

But, Christians can't even agree on the right version of the Bible. And, the Bible is full of inaccuracies and politically motivated slants on stories. It is written by men, translated by men. Humans are not infallible. To literally interpret the whole of the Bible is simply short-sighted. Most ministers and priests concede this.

Finally, do you think Jesus would turn his back on homosexuals or even sit in judgement of them? That is not the Jesus of which I read. The idea that christianity is the only religion that has it correct is simply closed-minded and (in my opinion) not what Jesus would have approved of. Take Communion, for example. Do you think Jesus would have wanted Catholics excluding other Christians from Communion because they are not Catholic? That is ludicrous and the exact opposite of the spirit of the first communion.

Religion is a wonderful and powerful thing. I believe in it. But, I also know that man is inherently self-interested. We struggle against this every day. Jesus taught us not to judge and to accept everyone (even if we find their choices unsavory). To be totally selfless, we must lose this notion that we know what is right and open our minds and our hearts to all. This is the peaceful and beautiful message of Jesus, Martin Luther King, Ghandi, and the Dalai Lama. When religious institutions lead us toward judgmental and hateful stances, they are forsaking these figures and what they stand for.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    ulsi
    I never said or will ever say I hate these people,,, if anything I mentioned that it is their lifestyle that is repulsive. Many gay men and woman who struggle with this come to know God and renounce their past behavior.
    As far as the Bible it does talk about this...
    Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
    •Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
    •1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
    •Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible. It undermines the basis of God's created order where God made Adam, a man, and Eve, a woman -- not two men, not two women -- to carry out his command to fill and subdue the earth (Gen. 1:2. Homosexuality cannot carry out that command. It also undermines the basic family unit of husband and wife, the God-ordained means of procreation.