Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater Bandwagon

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Teddy Bridgewater Bandwagon

Yes folks, I've said it. Forget the Jadeveon Clowney crap. We've had enough of drafting defensive linemen that everybody complains about. Let's try and put some excitement in our offense with the number 1 pick. I love Ben but he is getting old and beat up. He doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm or leadership ability to do anything with this team so let's trade him while he is still worth something. If Cleveland can get a #1 for Richardson then we can get that for Ben. With 2 first round picks we should be able to trade up and take Bridgewater. He would bring some excitement back into this offense much like Wilson and RGIII have done in Seattle and Washington. The guy is mobile and has a great arm. Picture him running the read offense with Bell as his back. He can make plays with his arms and with his legs. I've also seen him complete screen passes to running backs ... something the Steelers don't seem to be able to do with Ben.

Think able it folks ... it might be the end of the "Big Ben Era" but the beginning of the "Bridgewater Era". Besides, he has the same initials as another Steeler great QB.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Did it ever occur to you that making moves like Cleveland just made is what makes the Cleveland Browns the Cleveland Browns?

There is zero chance of this happening. Why dont we go out this offseason and actually fix this O line. With a healthy Bell and an improved O line Ben will be just fine.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben is a proven Super Bowl winner and any draft pick is simply a prospect.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Bridgewater doesn't play a top 25 team ALL year. They have a horrible schedule. I wouldn't put much stock in Bridgewater.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No thanks. He will suk as a pro. I don't want any more Kordell wannabes on this team. That's all he'll ever be. Sorry....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Personally, I would love to get Tajh Boyd. If not, his wide receiver...Sammy Watkins. We need a true #1. Yes, I said it. However...with Haley not getting along with Brown and known for fighting with his players...this season is going to be long and tiresome for us fans.

Brown is a #2, at best.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone want to finish out the remaining 14 games before making draft plans? Sheesh....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Exactly.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Yes folks, I've said it. Forget the Jadeveon Clowney crap. We've had enough of drafting defensive linemen that everybody complains about. Let's try and put some excitement in our offense with the number 1 pick. I love Ben but he is getting old and beat up. He doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm or leadership ability to do anything with this team so let's trade him while he is still worth something. If Cleveland can get a #1 for Richardson then we can get that for Ben. With 2 first round picks we should be able to trade up and take Bridgewater. He would bring some excitement back into this offense much like Wilson and RGIII have done in Seattle and Washington. The guy is mobile and has a great arm. Picture him running the read offense with Bell as his back. He can make plays with his arms and with his legs. I've also seen him complete screen passes to running backs ... something the Steelers don't seem to be able to do with Ben.

Think able it folks ... it might be the end of the "Big Ben Era" but the beginning of the "Bridgewater Era". Besides, he has the same initials as another Steeler great QB.
    Lets just say that the Steelers entertain this idea. Why would they undervalue Ben so much and only ask for 1 first round pick? If a player that has done absolutely nothing in the NFL is worth a first then Ben has to be worth 2 first round picks and a player right now from whatever team wants to make the trade.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    No thanks. He will suk as a pro. I don't want any more Kordell wannabes on this team. That's all he'll ever be. Sorry....
    First if all, I'd never trade Ben for a draft pick.

But comparing Bridgewater to Kordell? The guy is a total pocket passer. He's not a running QB at all. In fact, he's run for like 30 yards total this year.

Hmmm i I wonder why you compared him to Kordell...