Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legursky Re-Signs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Seems like we continue to strive for mediocrity on the OL with the signings of Foster, Essex and Legursky. Ben will see the training room a lot this season and unfortunately when he goes down so does our season.
    If the Steelers plan to go into the season with these guys as the starters and do not draft anybody, then yes, I agree. But I think some perspective is in order here.

Legursky and Foster were tendered -- this is not earth shattering news. This is merely the completion of a formality. Legursky has value as a backup G/C, and I'm comfortable with him starting at C if Pouncey gets hurt. Foster can play both guard spots adequately, though I prefer him as a backup, not a starter. Essex is a very solid 9th/10th guy on the offensive line. He can play any position with at least reasonable competence, and as the season goes on, it never hurts to have a player like that.

Ideally, the Steelers add at least one premium offensive lineman in the draft, whether at tackle or guard, and send one of Foster or Legursky to the bench. Having both in a reserve role would be ideal, but if the Steelers add one premium player, I think you can get away with Foster as one of the starters. If Foster and Legursky are starting at the end of the season for some reason other than injuries, things have not gone well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If we can upgrade at LG, he can go back to short yardage FB at which he was pretty good.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Seems like we continue to strive for mediocrity on the OL with the signings of Foster, Essex and Legursky. Ben will see the training room a lot this season and unfortunately when he goes down so does our season.
    Without those guys, our starters on the interior OL before the draft would be Maurkice Pouncey, Chris Scott, and John Malecki, with no backups. Good luck with that.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Without those guys, our starters on the interior OL before the draft would be Maurkice Pouncey, Chris Scott, and John Malecki, with no backups. Good luck with that.
    Yep. And as of now our interior starters are Pouncey, Foster and Legursky. That just shows what a bad situation we have on the OL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"