Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash View Post
    And Tomlin's team didn't have injury issues last season?
    Rare chance for me to say, I agree Crash.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    Man, I hope you're right. Tomlin talks and talks and talks and says the right things, but he isn't delivering. The team continues to play in a fog. Felix Jones is the latest example. You HAVE to stay inbounds on that play. The mental part of the game is missing for a lot of these guys and that stuff, when not there, needs to be coached to. I don't think that's happening. Unless the Steelers win at least one playoff game, I think the Steelers need a new coach.

Once again our special teams sh*ts the bed. I am amazed at how easy other teams make special teams look. Yes, I know other teams give up big plays on ST, but I can't think of another team that makes me hold my breath every time the ST unit hits the field. Laughable.
    At that point Felix Jones had been on the team a total of 3 1/2 hours and it's Tomlins fault that he went out of bounds? Sure, I agree there are some discipline problems that the coaching staff should settle, but that is mostly on the individual and maybe even the team leaders. I recommend a Private Pyle soap beating every time someone screws up.

Still not sure how you people complain about a coach that has already won a Super Bowl and has been to another.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    is it just me or has the board somehow gotten much more snarky the last couple of months?
    No, it's not just you, the board has become snarky (amongst other things) over the past few months.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Still not sure how you people complain about a coach that has already won a Super Bowl and has been to another.
    I suspect that, for some people, no matter how many SBs the Steelers reach (or win) under Tomlin, he'll still be black...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I suspect that, for some people, no matter how many SBs the Steelers reach (or win) under Tomlin, he'll still be black...
    ...and that is the plain truth. He can't change what some hate most.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    At that point Felix Jones had been on the team a total of 3 1/2 hours and it's Tomlins fault that he went out of bounds? Sure, I agree there are some discipline problems that the coaching staff should settle, but that is mostly on the individual and maybe even the team leaders. I recommend a Private Pyle soap beating every time someone screws up.

I notice that too.
    People can dislike a player or coach but COME ON blaming Tomlin for the mistake of a guy we just signed is RIDICULOUS.
    Based on that alone I got no respect for anything JB13 says about Tomlin.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yep really sad.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I notice that too.
    People can dislike a player or coach but COME ON blaming Tomlin for the mistake of a guy we just signed is RIDICULOUS.
    Based on that alone I got no respect for anything JB13 says about Tomlin.
    In the regular season it'd be a big deal. Vets aren't supposed to make that mistake. But it's preseason and guys aren't trying to get hurt in the preseason.

Legend

User Info Menu

On the other hand, while I like Mike Tomlin and the way he goes about his business and never makes excuses for himself or the team, you have to admit that over the past three years the mental mistakes, lack of special teams play and at times what appears to be a lack of effort at some point reflect on the coach,it's the nature of the job.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Tomlin. I think he is a solid coach. But, you can't ignore the fact that his teams have been oft penalized and have gotten hurt in the give away/take away department. I seen some stats comparing these two crucial stats to Cowhers and it was an impressive drop from Cowher to Tomlin. There isn't anyone else I want as coach right now, but I hope Tomlin is alert to some of the appearances of sloppy undisciplined ball played under his regime. And while I dont think Tomlin is on the hot seat, if he puts up another 8-8 or worse...he will be.