Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens Trade for LT Eugene Monroe

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ravens Trade for LT Eugene Monroe

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9756845/baltimore-ravens-agree-principle-trade-eugene-monroe-jacksonville-jaguars[/URL]

Sounds like he would of been a big upgrade for us.....
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder if they'd be willing to unload Paul Posluszny as well. He'd be a better replacement for Foote than Vince Williams or Kion Wilson. And adding two Nittany Lions in the same day (after trading for Levi Brown from the Cards) would certainly intrigue Steeler fans.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO Newsome is the best GM in football. His talent evaluation and acquisition puts Colbert to shame. Colbert is definitely in the top half of the NFL but Newsome is at another level. I hate he is doing it for the Ravens!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I wonder if they'd be willing to unload Paul Posluszny as well. He'd be a better replacement for Foote than Vince Williams or Kion Wilson. And adding two Nittany Lions in the same day (after trading for Levi Brown from the Cards) would certainly intrigue Steeler fans.
    While that would be NICE, I can't imagine the shenanigans we'd have to pull off salary cap wise, to make that work too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Question now becomes who is losing their jobs in the NFL because of this? I'm betting we see a surprise cut of someone we never expected!

I'm betting Cotchery is one of the guys gone to make the cap fit. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Gilbert go although IMO he has done better than Adams.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 10-02-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Question now becomes who is losing their jobs in the NFL because of this? I'm betting we see a surprise cut of someone we never expected!

I'm betting Cotchery is one of the guys gone to make the cap fit. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Gilbert go although IMO he has done better than Adams.
    Would Redman be cap relief? If so, I'd buy him a bus ticket back home ASAP.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd keep the linemen - they were already short due to injury - can't see ditching gilbert or adams at this point.. Levi's just another sucky tackle to fight with them.

I wonder how the cap works... He already got his SB, although, it's even distrubuted over the life of the contract - i just wonder if that changes when a guy is traded (like it is when a guy is cut).

In any event, with Leveon healthy now, I'm guessing RB would be the position of choice to cut, although, I'd like to see WR, just to get Wheaton the ball more...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    IMO Newsome is the best GM in football. His talent evaluation and acquisition puts Colbert to shame. Colbert is definitely in the top half of the NFL but Newsome is at another level. I hate he is doing it for the Ravens!!!!
    I agree, Newsome is good. He has his misses, too, but a case can be made that he is the best at what he does.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I'd keep the linemen - they were already short due to injury - can't see ditching gilbert or adams at this point.. Levi's just another sucky tackle to fight with them.

I wonder how the cap works... He already got his SB, although, it's even distrubuted over the life of the contract - i just wonder if that changes when a guy is traded (like it is when a guy is cut).

In any event, with Leveon healthy now, I'm guessing RB would be the position of choice to cut, although, I'd like to see WR, just to get Wheaton the ball more...
    I believe that the remainder of his signing bonus charge gets immediately accelerated onto this year's cap for the Cardinals when they trade him, but I'm not sure about how that effects the team he is going to. Do we just get charged with his base salary against our cap going forward?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Would Redman be cap relief? If so, I'd buy him a bus ticket back home ASAP.
    The balance of his salary ($1.3 million or whatever it is) would come off the books. I can't see anybody rushing out to grab him if he is released, and even if he is signed elsewhere, I'm not too worried about it.