Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 reasons why losing K Lewis is not a bad thing.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree with Crash, lets not sugar coat this. It was a bad move period. Develop a young talent, then let him go. He wasn't a locker room cancer, or a me first player. Some act like finding a replacement for Ike will be easy. We already had his replacement. Why not let Ike walk and sign your young talent?
    What if your young talent isn't as good as the other talent you have (Ike, Allen) on the roster? And isn't worth his contract demands (in your opinion)?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    What if your young talent isn't as good as the other talent you have (Ike, Allen) on the roster? And isn't worth his contract demands (in your opinion)?
    Lewis played at least as well as Taylor last season. Taylor for the for the first time in his career looked a step slower, got burnt, and looked very average at times. If and that is a big if, Taylor is still better than Lewis...the next question is for how much longer?
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Lewis played at least as well as Taylor last season. Taylor for the for the first time in his career looked a step slower, got burnt, and looked very average at times. If and that is a big if, Taylor is still better than Lewis...the next question is for how much longer?
    Until his contract runs out...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Romo threw the ball for the third most yards in the league last year. They also had one of the top 1-2 combos in the NFL at WR, especially by year end.

Meither Dalton nor Weeden were top QBs, but they did have middle of the road numbers, and Dalton throws to one of the best WRs out there now.
    Romo also throws a bunch of WTF passes every game. Weeden sucks and Dalton throws to one guy only. Not sure if Allen was even covering him that game.

Backup

User Info Menu

The Steelers could trade Ben, Pouncey, Troy, and Timmons and Slap here would agree with it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that keeping the developed talent and letting Ike walk would have been the preferred avenue; actually, the preferred avenue (but, not fiscally possible) would have been to keep Ike, Lewis and Allen. However, I have to disagree with the assessment of Taylor. He played poorly early in the season, but around the 5th game or so he was back to his old self until he was injured. No one was getting behind any of our Cbs on a consistent basis and the defense was playing well even without a superior pass rush, so, the corners were doing their jobs very well.

Ike is a workout warrior and I have no doubt he'll arrive in camp ready to go when it all gets started again.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

If Lewis isn't as good as Allen why was Lewis starting over him?

He they made a mistake, or LeBeau is senile.

Take your pick.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Gay was not brought back to start opposite Taylor. He will play the slot which he has been good at doing. Lewis is the new starter opposite Taylor
    Oh for Christ's sake.

You can't be this stupid, right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    If Lewis isn't as good as Allen why was Lewis starting over him?

He they made a mistake, or LeBeau is senile.

Take your pick.
    Allen is not as good as Lewis right now, or he would have been starting. I do think he has more upside and is cheaper. Given the option to keep one, I keep Allen. With that said, at this point in Taylors career, he is the least valuable of the three.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    The Steelers could trade Ben, Pouncey, Troy, and Timmons and Slap here would agree with it.
    Yep. Good observation, Crash.

Very typical of the quality of your observations...