Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Harrison hates Steelers now"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd even go as far as to say Woodson going into the HOF acting like he was a Steeler was a little irritating. Loved him while he was here. But then he left and helped Baltimore win a SuperBowl and meh.

I really liked the guy. But he was gone soooo long, he didn't feel like a Steeler. Guys like Franco or Webby leaving for another season to hang on didnt bother me cause they were so short and they were hanging on too long. But Woodson bugged me that he left with so much left.
    Yes, and what made it worse besides the time WAS the success as a stinkin Raven
    Hated seeing that. Probowl player still

I want former steelers to be washed up having used all their greatness as a Steeler.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd even go as far as to say Woodson going into the HOF acting like he was a Steeler was a little irritating. Loved him while he was here. But then he left and helped Baltimore win a SuperBowl and meh.

I really liked the guy. But he was gone soooo long, he didn't feel like a Steeler. Guys like Franco or Webby leaving for another season to hang on didnt bother me cause they were so short and they were hanging on too long. But Woodson bugged me that he left with so much left.
    To me, Woodson was ALWAYS a Steeler, regardless of jersey color...even moreso, to me, than a guy like Joey Porter...

I don't begrudge guys like Franco, Webby or Harrison (now) for wanting one more season...I'm just disappointed with how it worked out...Harrison had an opportunity to stay at the best deal possible for him and didn't take it....

Woodson played for 7 or 8 more seasons after Donohoe ran him out of town...he had a lot left to give, not just one last season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I dont hate, but I DO NOT wish them success. Because the greater THEIR success the worse the decision to let him go.

Hey NOBODY was more pro sign Harrison than me.
    But now that he is gone I dont want him to suceed elsewhere.
    It would only make me more sick that he was let go.

You mention Franco. I was GLAD he struggled in Seattle, because it meant WE MADE THE RIGHT CALL.

I was a fan of Franco THE STEELER, could care less about Franco the Seahawk.

Ditto Harrison, Wallace, Lewis, or any other former Steeler.
    I WANT to be wrong if it means the team made the right move
    My thoughts too...agree
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I liked what Mike Wallace brought to table and wanted Steelers to retain him...but now i hope he has Darius Heyward Bey kinda production in Miami...It will make me happy....

Same with Harrison..if he is a Bungle...then i hope he gets zero sacks...and gets trucked by Rice or Trent Richardson...and gets pancaked by every freaking O-line/TE/RB/FB in AFCN...

I wish them good health for life and great success off the football field but hope for zero success on football field......
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I still think this is all leverage to use against Dansby. Harrison just doesn't fit to me. The Bengals decorated for the Harrison party but when it came to discuss numbers they served him cheese & crackers.
    looks pretty dang accurate at this point...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yes, and what made it worse besides the time WAS the success as a stinkin Raven
    Hated seeing that. Probowl player still

I want former steelers to be washed up having used all their greatness as a Steeler.
    That's how the Steelers ended the dynasty of the '70s. They rode out their stars until there was nothing left instead of slowly moving them along little by little and replenishing before waiting until the cupboard was bare.

As a direct result, we had the Steelers of the '80s. Sometimes you have to make the decision to move players along a season or two too early rather than risk waiting a season or two too late.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I liked what Mike Wallace brought to table and wanted Steelers to retain him...but now i hope he has Darius Heyward Bey kinda production in Miami...It will make me happy....

Same with Harrison..if he is a Bungle...then i hope he gets zero sacks...and gets trucked by Rice or Trent Richardson...and gets pancaked by every freaking O-line/TE/RB/FB in AFCN...

I wish them good health for life and great success off the football field but hope for zero success on football field......
    See, I'm not like that at all. I want to see Mike Wallace and Deebo as first alternates in the pro-bowl behind whatever carbon unit the Steelers find to take their place. I like these players and want to see them succeed- just not at the expense of my favorite team. I like to see Drew Brees do his thing too, just not at the expense of my team. The fact that someone once had ties to the Steelers doesn't color my impression of them as a player unless I thought they were a jackass in Pitt as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    To me, Woodson was ALWAYS a Steeler, regardless of jersey color...even moreso, to me, than a guy like Joey Porter...

I don't begrudge guys like Franco, Webby or Harrison (now) for wanting one more season...I'm just disappointed with how it worked out...Harrison had an opportunity to stay at the best deal possible for him and didn't take it....

Woodson played for 7 or 8 more seasons after Donohoe ran him out of town...he had a lot left to give, not just one last season...
    Agreed, totally on Woodson... In fact, I wonder how the Ravens (or even Raiders, 49ers) fans feel that he's went in as a Steeler. I always understood that he WANTED to stay. To me, that's a huge difference maker in how i feel about them...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    That's how the Steelers ended the dynasty of the '70s. They rode out their stars until there was nothing left instead of slowly moving them along little by little and replenishing before waiting until the cupboard was bare.

As a direct result, we had the Steelers of the '80s. Sometimes you have to make the decision to move players along a season or two too early rather than risk waiting a season or two too late.
    i.e Troy, Ike

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    See, I'm not like that at all. I want to see Mike Wallace and Deebo as first alternates in the pro-bowl behind whatever carbon unit the Steelers find to take their place. I like these players and want to see them succeed- just not at the expense of my favorite team. I like to see Drew Brees do his thing too, just not at the expense of my team. The fact that someone once had ties to the Steelers doesn't color my impression of them as a player unless I thought they were a jackass in Pitt as well.
    I agree except for Wallace... I'm happy he got his money but I don't want to see Miami win through FA riches... I prefer to see them struggle and realize you shouldn't overpay our WR's. LOL..