Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not good in Pittsburgh

Rookie

User Info Menu

Not good in Pittsburgh

Hello all Steelers fans. I am gonna pull the skeleton out of the closet here and point not to the players, not the owner, not the GM as to what in the sam hill is going on with this team. This just did not start this year, it started 2 years ago when all of Bill Cowhers boys started to retire and move on. I have to start to analyze Mr Tomlin a bit. Forget about Todd Haley.....he stinks and always has. Mr Tomlin is as good as qualified as anyone to be an NFL coach. He is not qualified to be the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers and I am going to explain myself. Where is the fire? The drive? The anger? The accountability? Shall I go on? I am positive they are having long practices and various arguments about he said she said but this is not the Pittsburgh Steelers organization that I know about. Where are the Pittsburgh Steelers? I have watched both games and I see no passion. PASSION.....PASSION.....PASSION.......No follow thru on plays no accountability. Polamalu does not even look interested anymore. First and foremost we need a power back. Get rid of Redman, Dwyer, and the guy with 3 first names.....Larod Stevens Howling. Was that really the solution? I know Bell is in here but he is not the answer my friends. Trent Richardson would have been a glorious pickup. The steelers I remember and I am 39 ) are mean, smart, tough, and most of all FEARED. They were feared 2 years ago so what happened? I will stop my rant and conclude with this. I will always remain a loyal Steeler fan but it pains me to see my team struggle. We cannot win always I know but as a team, a town, an organization I cannot see this team packing it in. We have rebuilt before and will again but the right people need to be in here. The coach takes all the credit when it goes good ....and bad. Mike Tomlin.....IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO BUILD YOUR LEGACY IN PITTSBURGH my friend. Before you know it...all of Bill Cowhers players will be gone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Amazing we did not see this brilliant psycho analysis when Tomlin took us to two Super Bowls and one of the best winning percetages among active coaches.

The problem is a lack of talent and a lack of options to fix the talent because of poor management of the salary cap. That is a Colbert problem not a Tomlin problem. The 2008 and 2009 drafts killed us and again that is on Colbert.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Amazing we did not see this brilliant psycho analysis when Tomlin took us to two Super Bowls and one of the best winning percetages among active coaches.

The problem is a lack of talent and a lack of options to fix the talent because of poor management of the salary cap. That is a Colbert problem not a Tomlin problem. The 2008 and 2009 drafts killed us and again that is on Colbert.
    Play calling and Game strategy is on the Coaches not talent ....

Legend

User Info Menu

You really believe that Tomlin has no say in the draft? He is reportedly the one who was on the Worilds bandwagon, a pick so good that the Steelers felt the need to use another first rounder.

And what about Tomlin's first pick, Timmons? Where has he been to step up with a game changing play this year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree, the same old Sh-t different poster.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I love paragraphs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    You really believe that Tomlin has no say in the draft? He is reportedly the one who was on the Worilds bandwagon, a pick so good that the Steelers felt the need to use another first rounder.

And what about Tomlin's first pick, Timmons? Where has he been to step up with a game changing play this year?
    "Reportedly" How does "reportedly" hold up as evidence. That is an assumption but while Tomlin may offer an opinion, it is clear in the assignment of responsibilities that Colbert has 1.5 votes to Tomlin's 1 vote when it comes to the final say in personnel.

Rewatch the games, Timmons has not been attacking or blitzing much. Coach Dad has him dropping back into coverage more and more again. If you don't have the games watch this Sunday night how many times in a passing situation Timmons is being asked to cover someone versus being used to blitz and go after the QB.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ovi would you rather have had Williams running down the field with either Eifert or Gresham? You get on my nerves so much with this constant complaining about the ONLY GOOD ASPECT of the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

"Reportedly" How does "reportedly" hold up as evidence. That is an assumption but while Tomlin may offer an opinion, it is clear in the assignment of responsibilities that Colbert has 1.5 votes to Tomlin's 1 vote when it comes to the final say in personnel.

Rewatch the games, Timmons has not been attacking or blitzing much. Coach Dad has him dropping back into coverage more and more again. If you don't have the games watch this Sunday night how many times in a passing situation Timmons is being asked to cover someone versus being used to blitz and go after the QB.
    Isn't one of Timmons supposed stenghts his ability to cover? In week 1, we saw him get torched by another no-name TE.

Also, it would be nice to see him not moving backwards on a goal line run.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Passion? He shows a lot more than Noll ever did.