Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't get the hype over Minter

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'm surprised Minter ran that slow (4.80 - 2nd run).

With that being said, he doesn't look that slow on tape. The guy has great instincts, played against top tier competition on a weekly basis and has good character/leadership qualities. I think he is a perfect fit for the 3-4. Minter is as NFL ready to be a 3-4 ILB as anyone else in this draft.

I just don't know where he'll be projected.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm surprised Minter ran that slow (4.80 - 2nd run).

With that being said, he doesn't look that slow on tape. The guy has great instincts, played against top tier competition on a weekly basis and has good character/leadership qualities. I think he is a perfect fit for the 3-4. Minter is as NFL ready to be a 3-4 ILB as anyone else in this draft.

I just don't know where he'll be projected.
    He has a real chance to go at pick 32 to the Ravens. They will be desperate for ILB'ers. Otherwise he will go in Rd 2.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    He has a real chance to go at pick 32 to the Ravens. They will be desperate for ILB'ers. Otherwise he will go in Rd 2.
    The Ravens will be loaded at LB if they draft Minter but idk if that'll happen. I though Upshaw was the future starter at ILB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Ravens will be loaded at LB if they draft Minter but idk if that'll happen. I though Upshaw was the future starter at ILB.
    Upshaw is a DE/OLB in their system. They only have one ILB under contract with starting experience. Ellerbe is a URFA and Lewis retired. Jameel Mclain was put on IR halfway through the season.

Safety and ILB are their biggest needs.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Upshaw is a DE/OLB in their system. They only have one ILB under contract with starting experience. Ellerbe is a URFA and Lewis retired. Jameel Mclain was put on IR halfway through the season.

Safety and ILB are their biggest needs.
    That may be true but I'm pretty sure Upshaw did line up on the inside on occasion.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That may be true but I'm pretty sure Upshaw did line up on the inside on occasion.
    Main point being: Their not using Upshaw as their starting ILB. They need a ILB, Safety, Receiver, Tight End help.
    Last edited by BigRob; 02-25-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here's an expert for ya doid:

Daniel Jeremiah. He was a professional scout for the Ravens prior to joining NFL Network.

I've seen all I need to see from Kevin Minter…Instincts, burst, explosive striker, sorts through the trash, great effort. I'm in
    [URL]https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks[/URL]

See everyone can regurgitate what the experts claim and then claim they knew the same thing long before.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like Minter very much. I think he is a top forty talent for sure. I also like Khaseem Greene. I thought he'd weigh around 225 at the combine. But, he came in at 241 (same weight basically as T'eo and Minter). He still ran really well (high 4.6s). Greene is a playmaker. He has range and speed almost as good as Ogeltree, but he is a more explosive hitter. Greene blitzes well and thumps receivers in the pass game. I'd love to get Green in the second round. That kid would be awesome next to Timmons.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I like Minter very much. I think he is a top forty talent for sure. I also like Khaseem Greene. I thought he'd weigh around 225 at the combine. But, he came in at 241 (same weight basically as T'eo and Minter). He still ran really well (high 4.6s). Greene is a playmaker. He has range and speed almost as good as Ogeltree, but he is a more explosive hitter. Greene blitzes well and thumps receivers in the pass game. I'd love to get Green in the second round. That kid would be awesome next to Timmons.
    I'm a big fan of Greene as well. I just don't think we're going to take an ILB before the 3rd or 4th.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's sometimes tough to evaluate a player on a really good team. 1 star can make it easy for other guys to stand out. There were some other stars at LSU which may have freed up Minter to make some plays.