Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wow RB Trent Richardson traded to the Colts for a 2014 1st round draft pick

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Browns are "all in" in the Jadevon Clowney sweepstakes
    Teddy Bridgewater...from what I understand.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Why couldn't they do this during the off-season? Seems like an odd time to just blow up their roster, were they expecting to be 2-0?
    With Brandon Weedon going down at QB and Brian Hoyer starting, they probably thought...what better time? Plus they're starting Hoyer over Jason Campbell, its like they're extending the preseason evaluations.

Legend

User Info Menu

To me, this makes no sense. They're rebuilding for the future by dealing a solid, proven RB that has a lot of remaining miles left. It's not like they traded a 10 year vet.

Guess we'll see how this turns out but this plan will affect the next decade of Cleveland Browns football...for better or worse. Joe Banner's job is also riding on this gamble.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Must be fun being a Browns fan today. That's a ridiculous move. As much as the Browns are perennial crap, you don't give away a key cog in the team at this stage of the season when YOU HAVE NO BETTER OPTION.

If they had a good young RB behind him, fair enough. But that's just giving up.

Maybe we can appreciate what we have a little more.
    Conventional thinking would be that by the time this team is good, Richardson will be used up. What it does is send a terrible message to this year's team. It is basically giving up on the season, three weeks in.

I wonder how the franchise would like it if the fans collectively did the same thing (i.e. don't buy any more tickets).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was surprised to hear about this move during my drive home. Pretty rare in season trade. The chances of Pittsburgh doing this are slim to none. But it would be interesting to see if they could go after a tackle. Ryan Harris is 2nd team for the Houston Texans. Started off in Denver as an effective RT, but is now listed as a LT for Houston. If he could move into Adams' spot, so Mike could go back to RT. That might be interesting.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Conventional thinking would be that by the time this team is good, Richardson will be used up. What it does is send a terrible message to this year's team. It is basically giving up on the season, three weeks in.

I wonder how the franchise would like it if the fans collectively did the same thing (i.e. don't buy any more tickets).
    They would probably think the same thing about the fans that I thought when I saw the Browns did this:

My God, how pathetic to just give up...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west View Post
    Just a thought but can it be that these Alabama RB's are benefiting from an elite O line {Ingram,Trent, Lacy,}?
    They appeared to be beasts in college but seem a bit overrated. I cant prove this argument.... just an observation.
    They are power RB's and if you don't block for them they aren't going to make people miss... it's more so about running though arm tackles and wearing teams down than running around them and getting big gains.

It works in college but not so much in the pro's unless you have an OL that plays downhill.

This also applies to Big Ten RB's.... Mendenhall was the exception because he does have moves.. he just had ball control and Bin Laden issues.

I hope Bell breaks the Big 10 curse... we see what Ball is doing in Denver and it ain't much.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Makes sense... and Clowney isn't that good. He has one hit that played over and over again but if you watch him week in and week out he hasn't done much. He's good but he isn't nearly as good as the hype. Talking heads on radio were actually having debates if he was the best player to ever play the game.

Based on what?

Legend

User Info Menu

Richardson has 1,005 career yards and a 3.5 YPC.

Redman has 1,148 career yards and a 4.1 YPC.

Does this mean we can get a first for Isaac?