Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It turns out, Te'o ain't all that

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It turns out, Te'o ain't all that

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21512815/manti-teo-a-non-factor-in-bcs-blowout[/url]

Did you see him in the BCS championship? I was excited to watch him, mostly due to the enthusiasm from some here, saying how awesome a player he is. He was a nobody out there. He looked small, and played small. He missed tackles all night. And, by the way, anyone who thought ND has a prayer in that game doesn't follow college football. The SEC champ vs. any other conference is a joke. The Irish were like boys against men. It wasn't even class.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He's overated, good prospects can have an off day, but his play was more than off it was terrible to showcase his talent or lack of on a national scene.
    A team playing for the National title that struggles to beat Pitt, isn't that good, and it we seen it in high definition last night that confirmed it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Te'O will be a GREAT NFL LB. Not going to defend his play last night but i'm also not stupid enough to think 1 game takes away from his talent and ability to grow in the NFL.

The sad part is Notre Dame isn't in a CONFERENCE and didn't have to beat a top 5 team to get in the Championship Game. What a joke this whole thing was....face it, College Football will do anything to get Notre Dame in the Spotlight b/c of VIEWERSHIP
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Like it or not, Notre Dame earned the right to be thrashed in the BCS title game by virtue of being undefeated...

Because of all the BS polls, preseason polls, computer algorithms, etc., we were treated to that spectacle...

Sometimes, an underdog can defeat a more talented team in a one-off game...this is the entire reason Boise State is famous...

Sometimes, in a title game, you can have one for the ages (the 2003 Fiesta Bowl comes to mind - Miami vs. Ohio State)...other times, you have games like last night...

I think Te'o is a good player...I still think he's first round worthy...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anyone see the play where Chance Warmack pancaked T'eo on a block? Then he got faked out on another play thinking run and Bama licked their chops right over T for the T..d.

I can't say he won't be a good player in the NFL based on one game, but for me, when a player with the rep he has gets dominated like he's a child out there, it very questionable how good he'll be in the NFL.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Please, everyone, beware passing judgment on a player due to the results of one game against "NFL level" competition...

That kind of thinking landed us Troy Edwards in the first round...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Anyone see the play where Chance Warmack pancaked T'eo on a block? Then he got faked out on another play thinking run and Bama licked their chops right over T for the T..d.

I can't say he won't be a good player in the NFL based on one game, but for me, when a player with the rep he has gets dominated like he's a child out there, it very questionable how good he'll be in the NFL.
    Ever see a college QB light it up in the Bowl Game only to suck in the NFL???

That's why they evaluate these guys.
    Personally I'd interview the kid and make him convince me he's HUNGRY. Not gonna call him "overrated" just yet.

Some people jump the gun......i mean the person who started the thread would trade Ben for a bowl of wheaties if that says anything
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Ever see a college QB light it up in the Bowl Game only to suck in the NFL???

That's why they evaluate these guys.
    Personally I'd interview the kid and make him convince me he's HUNGRY. Not gonna call him "overrated" just yet.

Some people jump the gun......i mean the person who started the thread would trade Ben for a bowl of wheaties if that says anything
    Cha-ching!! Very well said Sid.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Was it really necessary to start another thread on the same exact topic?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Cha-ching!! Very well said Sid.
    What this game will do is confirm the concerns scouts have about Te'o. Their study of him will intensify now that the season is over. Still a very good ILB.

His game is not head and shoulders above Ogletree and Minter.