Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With all the coaching changes this season....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

With all the coaching changes this season....

...there are going to be a lot of teams looking for a QB, as, many of these coaches who are being hired, are going to teams without any decent QBs and everyone knows a head coach without a legit QB is going to be FAIL. Also, Pgh finally has to move on from their old men back up QBs....I HOPE! That being said, it's time for a late round pick, or undrafted free agent to groom as a legit back up who won't immediately get hurt like Leftwich and Batch will, at this point. So, who would you like to see Pgh pick up? I think we can all agree that there are enough holes in this team, that a QB will not be selected until the 3rd day of the draft. What other teams needing a QB will make what moves?

Who do you think Reid will take for KC? They have NO QB and Reid is a QB junkie. I think the first QB off the board will be Smith to Philly. I don't know if the current QB is the answer. I think Barkley will go to AZ, who has NO ONE either. If the Bills aren't sold on Fitzpatrick, who had mixed results, at best, they will probably take Tyler Wilson from Ark. Look for Pgh to perhaps take Collin Klein, KS. They should be able to get him in the late rounds or as a undrafted free agent.

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/QB[/url]

10 Geno Smith QB 1 West Virginia Sr 6-3 220 1
    20 Matt BarkleyInjured QB 2 Southern California Sr 6-2 230 1
    34 Tyler Wilson QB 3 Arkansas rSr 6-2 218 1-2
    44 *Aaron Murray QB 4 Georgia rJr 6-1 212 2
    49 Ryan Nassib QB 5 Syracuse rSr 6-2 228 2
    52 Mike Glennon QB 6 North Carolina State rSr 6-5 232 2
    60 *Tyler Bray QB 7 Tennessee Jr 6-5 215 2
    74 Zac Dysert QB 8 Miami (Ohio) rSr 6-3 228 2-3
    84 Landry Jones QB 9 Oklahoma rSr 6-4 220 2-3
    94 EJ Manuel QB 10 Florida State rSr 6-4 240 3
    122 Matt Scott QB 11 Arizona rSr 6-2 198 3-4
    178 Colby Cameron QB 12 Louisiana Tech rSr 6-1 205 5-6
    212 Brad Sorensen QB 13 Southern Utah rSr 6-4 235 6-7
    249 Collin Klein QB 14 Kansas State rSr 6-5 226 7
    275 Sean RenfreeInjured QB 15 Duke rSr 6-4 225 7-FA
    289 Nick Florence QB 16 Baylor rSr 6-0 205 7-FA
    301 Matt McGloin QB 17 Penn State rSr 6-0 210 7-FA
    319 Jordan Rodgers QB 18 Vanderbilt rSr 6-1 212 7-FA
    336 Seth Doege QB 19 Texas Tech rSr 6-1 200 7-FA
    361 Jeff Tuel QB 20 Washington State Sr 6-3 221 ––

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    ...there are going to be a lot of teams looking for a QB, as, many of these coaches who are being hired, are going to teams without any decent QBs and everyone knows a head coach without a legit QB is going to be FAIL. Also, Pgh finally has to move on from their old men back up QBs....I HOPE! That being said, it's time for a late round pick, or undrafted free agent to groom as a legit back up who won't immediately get hurt like Leftwich and Batch will, at this point. So, who would you like to see Pgh pick up? I think we can all agree that there are enough holes in this team, that a QB will not be selected until the 3rd day of the draft. What other teams needing a QB will make what moves?

Who do you think Reid will take for KC? They have NO QB and Reid is a QB junkie. I think the first QB off the board will be Smith to Philly. I don't know if the current QB is the answer. I think Barkley will go to AZ, who has NO ONE either. If the Bills aren't sold on Fitzpatrick, who had mixed results, at best, they will probably take Tyler Wilson from Ark. Look for Pgh to perhaps take Collin Klein, KS. They should be able to get him in the late rounds or as a undrafted free agent.

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/QB[/URL]

10 Geno Smith QB 1 West Virginia Sr 6-3 220 1
    20 Matt BarkleyInjured QB 2 Southern California Sr 6-2 230 1
    34 Tyler Wilson QB 3 Arkansas rSr 6-2 218 1-2
    44 *Aaron Murray QB 4 Georgia rJr 6-1 212 2
    49 Ryan Nassib QB 5 Syracuse rSr 6-2 228 2
    52 Mike Glennon QB 6 North Carolina State rSr 6-5 232 2
    60 *Tyler Bray QB 7 Tennessee Jr 6-5 215 2
    74 Zac Dysert QB 8 Miami (Ohio) rSr 6-3 228 2-3
    84 Landry Jones QB 9 Oklahoma rSr 6-4 220 2-3
    94 EJ Manuel QB 10 Florida State rSr 6-4 240 3
    122 Matt Scott QB 11 Arizona rSr 6-2 198 3-4
    178 Colby Cameron QB 12 Louisiana Tech rSr 6-1 205 5-6
    212 Brad Sorensen QB 13 Southern Utah rSr 6-4 235 6-7
    249 Collin Klein QB 14 Kansas State rSr 6-5 226 7
    275 Sean RenfreeInjured QB 15 Duke rSr 6-4 225 7-FA
    289 Nick Florence QB 16 Baylor rSr 6-0 205 7-FA
    301 Matt McGloin QB 17 Penn State rSr 6-0 210 7-FA
    319 Jordan Rodgers QB 18 Vanderbilt rSr 6-1 212 7-FA
    336 Seth Doege QB 19 Texas Tech rSr 6-1 200 7-FA
    361 Jeff Tuel QB 20 Washington State Sr 6-3 221 ––
    Reid took one QB in the first round. Mcnabb. Every other QB he has taken was 2nd round and lower.

I am predicting that Zac Dysert or Ryan Nassib will be in a Chiefs uniform next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This isn't a good year for QB's in the draft, but I understand what your saying about our backups. I still would keep Batch, he's won some games for us when needed and he does have the experience. Lefty might be the odd man out here, if they consider drafting a QB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Reid took one QB in the first round. Mcnabb. Every other QB he has taken was 2nd round and lower.

I am predicting that Zac Dysert or Ryan Nassib will be in a Chiefs uniform next year.
    And what is the only QB who has panned out on a decent level? McNabb. I don't see any other QB that Reid took as having worked out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    This isn't a good year for QB's in the draft, but I understand what your saying about our backups. I still would keep Batch, he's won some games for us when needed and he does have the experience. Lefty might be the odd man out here, if they consider drafting a QB.
    If they don't finally take a young guy to develop, I am going to drive to Heinz Field and throw an ink balloon on the front office, one by one. They would be beyond insane to not add some youth to the mix. Charlie was heroic in the Ravens' game. But the dude has no arm left. They can't ride with him again. They need to wake the frick up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And what is the only QB who has panned out on a decent level? McNabb. I don't see any other QB that Reid took as having worked out.
    All depends on what your definition of pan out is? Foles looks to have a future. Kolb and Feeley were traded for 2nd round picks. Vick improved under Reid.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

All depends on what your definition of pan out is? Foles looks to have a future. Kolb and Feeley were traded for 2nd round picks. Vick improved under Reid.
    Not sure about Foles having a future. The jury is still out on that one. They did very little winning with him at QB this year. And just because they traded Kolb and Feeley for 2nd round picks doesn't mean they "worked" out as NFL QBs. Kolb is actually quite horrible. I was NEVER sold on him as a decent NFL QB. And Vick was a first pick in his entire draft, and he DID NOT improve other than for a short stint. Did you watch him this season? He was a turnover MACHINE. You can't win with a QB turning the ball over that much - just can't win with that many fumbles, plus he is a concussion waiting to happen every game. Vick is probably done as a starting QB at this point. He has PTSD at this point.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not sure about Foles having a future. The jury is still out on that one. They did very little winning with him at QB this year. And just because they traded Kolb and Feeley for 2nd round picks doesn't mean they "worked" out as NFL QBs. Kolb is actually quite horrible. I was NEVER sold on him as a decent NFL QB. And Vick was a first pick in his entire draft, and he DID NOT improve other than for a short stint. Did you watch him this season? He was a turnover MACHINE. You can't win with a QB turning the ball over that much - just can't win with that many fumbles, plus he is a concussion waiting to happen every game. Vick is probably done as a starting QB at this point. He has PTSD at this point.
    Vick improved over his stint in Atlanta. Part of that was Reid.

Reid has always gotten more out of his QB's than the other teams that traded picks for them. That smacks of good coaching.

Can't really judge Foles on wins. Their team was in the tank and their O-line was atrocious. Worse than ours.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Vick improved over his stint in Atlanta. Part of that was Reid.

Reid has always gotten more out of his QB's than the other teams that traded picks for them. That smacks of good coaching.

Can't really judge Foles on wins. Their team was in the tank and their O-line was atrocious. Worse than ours.
    I don't know how you can say Vick improved under Reid. Didn't he have a losing record? When in Atlanta, he took them to the play offs for at least a few seasons, won some play off games too. The team may have been in the tank when Foles was playing, but he himself didn't look all the strong to me, going with the eye test. He missed some open receivers when I watched him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know how you can say Vick improved under Reid. Didn't he have a losing record? When in Atlanta, he took them to the play offs for at least a few seasons, won some play off games too. The team may have been in the tank when Foles was playing, but he himself didn't look all the strong to me, going with the eye test. He missed some open receivers when I watched him.
    Teams win games, individuals lose them. However, I don't think you can really say that Vick didn't improve under Reid.

He had a terrible year this year, but Reid got quite a bit out of him until then.

Foles was a rookie, he's going to miss some throws and reads. However, the dude was very raw compared to Luck, RGIII, and Wilson. I am not saying Foles is going to be a franchice QB, but he looked decent.