Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheaton hurt again

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    dont you know that anything bad or negative that happens in otas or training camp doesnt mean anything because its only otas and training camp.
    OF course, if something positive happens during trainng camp or otas then it means something
    OK, bad in OTAs = meaningless. Good in OTAs = meaningful. Got it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Do you have a link to Wheaton being hurt? I haven't seen anything about it other than a Kaboly tweet over a week ago, then saw clips of Wheaton practicing the next day.

Again, it was voluntary team activities so if he missed any time at all I doubt there was anything to it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Do you have a link to Wheaton being hurt? I haven't seen anything about it other than a Kaboly tweet over a week ago, then saw clips of Wheaton practicing the next day.

Again, it was voluntary team activities so if he missed any time at all I doubt there was anything to it.
    I think I saw it on Bleachers Report, which will automatically dis-qualify it with many to begin with. It's quite possible he is already better but that angle didn't make for readership. The piece was focused on how Brown was getting reps with the starters, not so much that Wheaton was hurt.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Without anything more specific than "Wheaton is out with a foot/ankle", this is meaningless whether it's June or November.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Without anything more specific than "Wheaton is out with a foot/ankle", this is meaningless whether it's June or November.
    You are meaningless whether it's June or November.

Just passing on what I read, toenails.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I think I saw it on Bleachers Report, which will automatically dis-qualify it with many to begin with. It's quite possible he is already better but that angle didn't make for readership. The piece was focused on how Brown was getting reps with the starters, not so much that Wheaton was hurt.
    You have a point in that Bleacher's Report may report factual information at least on occasion. Now, backing up your OP with "I think I saw it on Bleachers Report" and that the article didn't even focus on Wheaton's injury? I'm convinced it's true. Undeniable evidence!

Time for: BustWheat (as coined by Captain Lemming)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wheaton in the small sample of playing time and practice time I saw in 13 looked solid. At Latrobe he was solid with his route running looking quick into and out of cuts and showed a burst. Hands were solid. He did not look like a rookie.
    He stayed after practice the week I was at Latrobe running some extra gassers as well as taking about 20 minutes of extra reps catching passes with AB and a few others. That extra work is what I liked seeing. Hard worker who has to produce to stay ahead of Moore,Bryant,J Brown and DHB but he has good work habits already and you have to like young guys like that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's time to give Santonio Holmes a call.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sick beats knew that what he read was meaningless but made a thread out of it anyway. Titled "Wheaton hurt again".

For what purpose? To be negative nancy. To be an attention whore. To be...himself. Then says "Just passing on what I read", acting all innocent and offended. The board can judge for itself. I think many already have.

GFY.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Sick beats knew that what he read was meaningless but made a thread out of it anyway. Titled "Wheaton hurt again".

For what purpose? To be negative nancy. To be an attention whore. To be...himself. Then says "Just passing on what I read", acting all innocent and offended. The board can judge for itself. I think many already have.

GFY.
    Do you have any of your original teeth left at this point? I never met anyone who watched Bill Dudley play, in person.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them. How flippin hard is that to grasp? Apparently a lot, for those going senile.