Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Harrison Loves Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Unless Harrison told the agent to take the deal and he refused I can't see why he would fire the agent...and I highly doubt the agent would do the opposite of what he asked.

From the sound of it James made it clear he knew he was gone before negotiations even started.
    James is only gone because James chose to be gone. The power to stay was all in his hands and his decision.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    James is only gone because James chose to be gone. The power to stay was all in his hands and his decision.
    Actually, the Steelers also had a hand in that decision.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Actually, the Steelers also had a hand in that decision.
    Not really. It was James that rejected the only offer he was getting from them. He knew there wasn't another offer so he rejected it knowing they would cut him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not really. It was James that rejected the only offer he was getting from them. He knew there wasn't another offer so he rejected it knowing they would cut him.
    Yes, really. They already had him under contract and decided that his was one that they could mess with. They didn't have to do that. The team made a value judgement. James also made a value judgement based on the offer that was made.

Now he has made an already strong division rival stronger and is getting less money for the privilege. Looks like a lose/lose for both sides to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Yes, really. They already had him under contract and decided that his was one that they could mess with. They didn't have to do that. The team made a value judgement. James also made a value judgement based on the offer that was made.

Now he has made an already strong division rival stronger and is getting less money for the privilege. Looks like a lose/lose for both sides to me.

Yep... both parties lost in this transaction.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Harrison contract shows what a beating he took

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 24, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
    Getty Images
    As it pertains to new Bengals linebacker [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/665/james-harrison"]James Harrison[/URL], we now have a dollar figure to attach to pride.

And his was costly.

According to Howard Balzer of the Sports Xchange, Harrison’s new two-year deal with the Bengals [URL="https://twitter.com/HBalzer721/statuses/327068476499976193"]is worth $4.45 million[/URL], including a $1.2 million signing bonus.

The deal includes base salaries of $1.4 million and $1.1 million, workout bonuses of $100,000 each year, and per-game roster bonuses which could total $300,000 this year and $250,000 next year.

That means his maximum payout this year is $3 million.

Compare that to the what he could have made in Pittsburgh, and he clearly lost this offseason.

According to an earlier report, Harrison [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/harrison-rejected-30-percent-pay-cut-opportunity-to-earn-it-back/"]turned down a 30 percent pay cut[/URL] from the Steelers, which included a chance to earn the balance back in incentives.

Based on the $6.57 million in base salary he would have received before he was released, that comes out to around $4.5 million this year.

So while he said he [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/james-harrison-i-dont-hate-the-steelers/"]didn’t hate the Steelers[/URL], he’ll doubtless be motivated to make up the difference on the field twice this season.

lol.............howd that work out for you james?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'll proudly wear his jersey again after he retires as well. I'm not sure if I'll wear it this season, but I'm thin on options. I got Harrison's jersey after his first season as a starter, and same with Troy. My Troy jersey is a bit smaller and I can't fit a sweatshirt under it for colder games.

I usually get the jersey of a a younger defensive player, but I don't see anybody that fits the profile at the moment. Maybe Worilds will step up this year, or perhaps a draft pick.
    You should get a Hampton jersey for the cold games you can get 4 coats 3 sweaters and your girlfriend in one of them

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.