Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookies!

Starter

User Info Menu

Rookies!

With all of the bellyaching on this board I figured I'd throw out some kudos. How about a hand for this rookie class tonight!

-1st rounder JARVIS JONES with a big forced fumble off the right end
    -3rd rounder MARKUS WHEATON with a 45-yard catch thrown by
    -4th rounder LANDRY JONES
    -4th rounder SHAMARKO THOMAS with a a bunch of bone rattling hits and a forced fumble recovered by
    -5th rounder TERRY HAWTHORNE
    -7th rounder NICK WILLIAMS had a sack tonight as well

Well done fellas!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    With all of the bellyaching on this board I figured I'd throw out some kudos. How about a hand for this rookie class tonight!

-1st rounder JARVIS JONES with a big forced fumble off the right end
    -3rd rounder MARKUS WHEATON with a 45-yard catch thrown by
    -4th rounder LANDRY JONES
    -4th rounder SHAMARKO THOMAS with a a bunch of bone rattling hits and a forced fumble recovered by
    -5th rounder TERRY HAWTHORNE
    -7th rounder NICK WILLIAMS had a sack tonight as well

Well done fellas!
    Who cares about the rookies

Stop with the stinkin SILVER LINING comments!!!!!

We are here to WALLOW in our shared despair!!!

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good observation...bodes well for the future. Sharko blew that guy up!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was impressed with J. Jones, L. Jones and Thomas. Props to Williams getting that sack tonight.

It's going to be a long ass season..was really looking forward to Le'Veon Bell tonight..only one series..C'mon man.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Perhaps the stupid Landry Jones bashing will stop now?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

You guys do realize Landry was 9 of 22 right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Who cares about the rookies

Stop with the stinkin SILVER LINING comments!!!!!

We are here to WALLOW in our shared despair!!!
    Now that's funny. It's amazing how worked up fans get over a preseason game. Only thing I'm concerned about is Bells foot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    You guys do realize Landry was 9 of 22 right?
    you do realize he had several guys dropping well thrown balls right? Jones is starting to show flashes.
    Last edited by Shawn; 08-20-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe Landry Jones will be a fine quarterback in this league some day, right now he isn't. He moved the offense once, made a nice read on a blitz and they scored a touchdown, other than that he threw into coverage (like a rookie), he threw late to the sideline (like a rookie), and he stared down receivers (like a rookie).

Shamarko Thomas needs to be the nickle back for this defense, this guy hits hard, seems to be around the ball all the time and appears to be an excellent pick. Willie Gay didn't look so swell last night, I'd give Thomas some reps with the ones this weekend.

Jarvis Jones will be the starter before the bye week if not on day one, he's got some quick twitch muscle fiber and for all the angst about his arms he seems to be very strong.

Wheaton just needs the reps, he'll replace Cotchery before the halfway point of the season. The Steelers might be in the same quandary as they were last year with too many good receivers and not enough money to go around.

Williams and Hawthorne are certainly trying to take advantage of their opportunities and last night was a good showing for them.

I agree, well done rooks! I hope some vets see the pine after what I saw last night.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Landry looked better than last week. Ill give him that. He made some good throws and some bad throws. Im willing to give him some time. What I dont like about him is that he seems flustered, which is not a good quality to have in a QB. Im not sure time will fix that. Some guys have a presence. Some guys dont.