Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Millers 7rd mock

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Matt Millers 7rd mock

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1512696-2013-nfl-mock-draft-predicting-all-7-rounds-after-the-super-bowl?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&u tm_campaign=nfl-draft#/articles/1512696-2013-nfl-mock-draft-predicting-all-7-rounds-after-the-super-bowl/page/18[/URL]

1)17.The Pick: DE Sheldon Richardson, Missouri WTF?
    2)18. Pittsburgh Steelers—Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
    3)17. Pittsburgh Steelers—Da'Rick Rogers WR Tenn. Tech
    4)18. Pittsburgh Steelers—Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
    5)17. Pittsburgh Steelers—Nico Johnson ILB Alabama
    6)18. Pittsburgh Steelers—Jeff Tuel QB Washington State
    7)17. Pittsburgh Steelers—Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois

I might jump off a bridge if a DE was picked in the first!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    [URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1512696-2013-nfl-mock-draft-predicting-all-7-rounds-after-the-super-bowl?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&u tm_campaign=nfl-draft#/articles/1512696-2013-nfl-mock-draft-predicting-all-7-rounds-after-the-super-bowl/page/18[/URL]

I'm pretty sure Sheldon Richardson would be projected to play NT if the Steelers selected him.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post

That's a draft that will ensure Ben is on the sidelines injured for 2-3 games minimum. Uncertainty and no depth on the OL and we ignore it in the draft.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That's a draft that will ensure Ben is on the sidelines injured for 2-3 games minimum. Uncertainty and no depth on the OL and we ignore it in the draft.
    As much as you and I prefer a dominate O-lineman, most likely the Steelers won't draft one at least early, they possibly might draft one in the later rounds for depth.
    It was pointed out here the Steelers are unlikely to draft any O-line positions as the Steelers already invested in that unit, so all we can hope for is either Gilbert and Adams to step up. Out of the two, I thing Adams might win that job but its just a guess we'll see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    As much as you and I prefer a dominate O-lineman, most likely the Steelers won't draft one at least early, they possibly might draft one in the later rounds for depth.
    It was pointed out here the Steelers are unlikely to draft any O-line positions as the Steelers already invested in that unit, so all we can hope for is either Gilbert and Adams to step up. Out of the two, I thing Adams might win that job but its just a guess we'll see.
    Do you really think the Front Office is confident that Gilbert and Adams are the for sure answer? I'm not!

Besides that does nothing to address that they missed significant time due to injuries.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Do you really think the Front Office is confident that Gilbert and Adams are the for sure answer? I'm not!

Besides that does nothing to address that they missed significant time due to injuries.
    YES. Why do you think they drafted them?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

They are young players. We need to move out the old dead wood and play the yutes, right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's Bouchette's take on the 2013 O-line. He seems confident the front office likes the players they have and intend to use them. Based on this, the Steelers are going with Pouncey (C) , DeCastro (G), Adams (T), Gilbert (T) and Beachum (G) as starters. Can't see them taking another line man in the first couple rounds if they believe they have a starting line already.

Bouchette:
    "The Steelers offensive line will change dramatically for 2013.

Three regular starters likely won't return and all three players who took turns starting at right tackle should start at separate positions.

There is a caveat to all of this, of course: Provided they all stay healthy.

Look for Max Starks and Ramon Foster to leave in free agency and Willie Colon to be released. Colon's knee injury that placed him on injured reserve for the third season in a row was the last straw. The Steelers want to move on, and they believe they have the right man to replace him.

They drafted Kelvin Beachum -- their fourth and final pick in the seventh round last year -- to play guard, even though he started at tackle for all 52 games of his four years at SMU. When Marcus Gilbert and Mike Adams were shelved by injuries after starting at right tackle, the Steelers turned to Beachum. He started the final five games and did a nice job. It helped to convince them he can start at guard.

They will turn right tackle over to Adams. Gilbert will start at left tackle. There was a time many assumed Adams would play left tackle, but he is a more natural right tackle, a better run blocker, and Gilbert's more natural position is left tackle.

David DeCastro will take over at right guard as he did at the end of the season when he became healthy. And, of course, there is three-time Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey.
    Their backups are to be determined because at the moment only John Malecki is under contract from their season-ending roster.

That, ladies and gents, is your 2013 Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line. Check back for medical updates."

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-beachum-will-be-part-of-rebuilt-offensive-line-670169/#ixzz2K8DNRoRg[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Here's Bouchette's take on the 2013 O-line. He seems confident the front office likes the players they have and intend to use them. Based on this, the Steelers are going with Pouncey (C) , DeCastro (G), Adams (T), Gilbert (T) and Beachum (G) as starters. Can't see them taking another line man in the first couple rounds if they believe they have a starting line already.

Bouchette:
    "The Steelers offensive line will change dramatically for 2013.

Three regular starters likely won't return and all three players who took turns starting at right tackle should start at separate positions.

There is a caveat to all of this, of course: Provided they all stay healthy.

Look for Max Starks and Ramon Foster to leave in free agency and Willie Colon to be released. Colon's knee injury that placed him on injured reserve for the third season in a row was the last straw. The Steelers want to move on, and they believe they have the right man to replace him.

They drafted Kelvin Beachum -- their fourth and final pick in the seventh round last year -- to play guard, even though he started at tackle for all 52 games of his four years at SMU. When Marcus Gilbert and Mike Adams were shelved by injuries after starting at right tackle, the Steelers turned to Beachum. He started the final five games and did a nice job. It helped to convince them he can start at guard.

They will turn right tackle over to Adams. Gilbert will start at left tackle. There was a time many assumed Adams would play left tackle, but he is a more natural right tackle, a better run blocker, and Gilbert's more natural position is left tackle.

David DeCastro will take over at right guard as he did at the end of the season when he became healthy. And, of course, there is three-time Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey.
    Their backups are to be determined because at the moment only John Malecki is under contract from their season-ending roster.

That, ladies and gents, is your 2013 Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line. Check back for medical updates."

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-beachum-will-be-part-of-rebuilt-offensive-line-670169/#ixzz2K8DNRoRg[/URL]

Three words: Recipe for disaster

Draft a QB in Round 2 or 3 because we need a high quality one because he will get plenty of chances to play once Ben is out injured.

Legend

User Info Menu

Three words: Recipe for disaster

Draft a QB in Round 2 or 3 because we need a high quality one because he will get plenty of chances to play once Ben is out injured.
    What about after the backup is injured? Should we follow up with a fourth rounder too?