Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Giddy Like a Little Girl Over Jarvis

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin Giddy Like a Little Girl Over Jarvis

Just saw the Colbert/Tomlin presser about Jones and Colbert mentioned Jarvis running a 4.9 at his pro day meant they had a chance to get him. When he made this reference, I saw a reaction I've never seen from Tomlin before. He was giddy, giggly.

Tomlin's always laid back and professional and says the right thing. The way he reacted, you could just tell he think we stole the best player in the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Was Jones sandbagging to become a Steeler?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Was Jones sandbagging to become a Steeler?
    I'm convinced yes. Jones in an interview has said he's been working out with Ike for 3 months and Ike's his mentor. Everyone's been questioning Jarvis' work ethic for the last 3 months and this kid's working out with a work out freak. It's so weird it makes me think the Steelers put out the rumor that he has a bad work ethic while Ike's down in Florida probably showing him the Steelers playbook.

It might make sense if Ike was working out with some up and coming WR or CB from Louisiana, but why this OLB from Georgia? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm convinced yes. Jones in an interview has said he's been working out with Ike for 3 months and Ike's his mentor. Everyone's been questioning Jarvis' work ethic for the last 3 months and this kid's working out with a work out freak. It's so weird it makes me think the Steelers put out the rumor that he has a bad work ethic while Ike's down in Florida probably showing him the Steelers playbook.

It might make sense if Ike was working out with some up and coming WR or CB from Louisiana, but why this OLB from Georgia? Makes no sense whatsoever.
    Ha ha. I love Steeler Fans.....But Jones was awful sure he wouldn't get past the Steelers at 17. Hmmm.....
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Ha ha. I love Steeler Fans.....But Jones was awful sure he wouldn't get past the Steelers at 17. Hmmm.....
    He did say he was getting picked with the 17th pick and was pretty sure of himself. Not in the mid-teens, but specifically pick #17. Goodell will launch an investigation soon!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why you guys get so hung up on 40 times is beyond me. Jarvis Jones is fast/quick where he needs to be. 5-15 yards. He has great instincts. He is never going to run a straight line 40 yards on the football field. Like Ruthless said, if he does then something terribly wrong has just happened.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Why you guys get so hung up on 40 times is beyond me. Jarvis Jones is fast/quick where he needs to be. 5-15 yards. He has great instincts. He is never going to run a straight line 40 yards on the football field. Like Ruthless said, if he does then something terribly wrong has just happened.
    I'll agree with you on part with this. One thing I do like about Jones is his 33" arms. That is a long set of arms for a 6'2" dude. Hopefully he can get stronger and use it to his advantage.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ... He is never going to run a straight line 40 yards on the football field. Like Ruthless said, if he does then something terribly wrong has just happened.
    Or something wonderfully right; i.e. James Harrison ... Super Bowl I know what you mean though. Personally, the pick is growing on me (I guess it had better, because we don't get a "do over" lol).

Rookie

User Info Menu

For years, Tomlin has watched players that he would love to draft come off the board before his pick....

To finally land a defensive star that should have gone much higher...Tomlin finally feels giddy...

Legend

User Info Menu

so jones purposely blows his workout so he can get drafted @17 and make #17 money instead of make top 5 money?...............