Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Something many of you didn't know about Wallace vs Brown...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    They didn't run Wallace out of town... they tried to pay him what they thought he was worth and he refused. We will see if he is worth the big money this year.... I hope we don't throw big money at Wallace... he hasn't shown up in a big game in a long time and I think the WR position can be filled much easier than most believe. Look at Megatron, Fitzgerald, Deshaun Jackson... Big money WR's who play on bad teams. I would much rather spend that money in the trenches instead of throwing it at a WR who needs a perfect pass and can't draw a PI to save his life.
    When they gave the future RFA $42 million, and they knew the team would be roughly $15 million over the cap this off-season- they ran him out of town.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    It's because of the perception of attitude and willingness.
    Legursky must be everyone's favourite OL player then... if attitude & willingness get a guy a free ride...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Obviously, can only go on the reports we read- but if the Steelers felt Brown was worth $42 million, and they offered Wallace something similar... as Chadman said- there's 3 years of evidence that Wallace deserved more than Brown. If he turned them down, but were willing to pay Brown $42m, they should have tried harder on Wallace.
    Or, if the last season-and-a-half is any indication, perhaps not...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Or, if the last season-and-a-half is any indication, perhaps not...
    You realise this could go on forever, and we may end up creating our own version of Crash vs Pirogi Pete "Randle El is better than Antonio Bryant" legacy?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Rookie

User Info Menu

You realise this could go on forever, and we may end up creating our own version of Crash vs Pirogi Pete "Randle El is better than Antonio Bryant" legacy?
    We all bear a terrible cost when the Steelers don't make the playoffs...

Legend

User Info Menu

Legursky must be everyone's favourite OL player then... if attitude & willingness get a guy a free ride...
    free ride? Most on here have mixed feelings about Legs... and IMO I think our OL is better when Legs is at C and Pouncey is at guard. Did Pouncey's production drop or did he pout when he was asked to move? I didn't see it.

I know WR's are emotional but Wallace showed he isn't to be trusted when faced with a challenge or adversity. So you didn't get the money you wanted and now you lose focus and short arm catchable balls. What happens if when he gets the big payday? Will he step up?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Besides, as one bald and goateed guy to another, I think we're both mature enough not to degenerate into a juvenile name-calling session...

Aren't we?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Besides, as one bald and goateed guy to another, I think we're both mature enough not to degenerate into a juvenile name-calling session...

Aren't we?
    Ok... baldy.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    free ride? Most on here have mixed feelings about Legs... and IMO I think our OL is better when Legs is at C and Pouncey is at guard. Did Pouncey's production drop or did he pout when he was asked to move? I didn't see it.

I know WR's are emotional but Wallace showed he isn't to be trusted when faced with a challenge or adversity. So you didn't get the money you wanted and now you lose focus and short arm catchable balls. What happens if when he gets the big payday? Will he step up?
    Well, Chadman can name 1 WR that got paid & didn't 'step up'....

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Starting to think we are reading the same article, but getting a different understanding of it..

So, to clarify where we stand on this, Chadman's understanding is that:

A- Brown steps in for Ward into the X position, Wallace was in the Z.
    B- Brown doesn't understand the routes of the X position, so Wallace & Brown swap- Wallace moves from Z to X.
    C- Brown shines in Z position, a la Wallace, Wallace's numbers drop as a result of different routes.
    D- Wallace is unhappy about this because he's in his contract year- lower production = lower pay.
    E- Wallace doesn't get offered the money he wants, Brown gets healthy pay increase.
    F- Wallace & Brown swap back responsibilities this season- Brown is now statistically inferior to Wallace again.

Is that how everyone read that article?

If so- Chadman can understand the frustration.
    Sure, but you have to love the irony.

Brown doesn't know the position, so he gets accommodated with a move to a position he understands better.

Wallace doesn't like being moved and the response is that he should know and understand every position.

Also, FWIW (and I forget when this was), Hines one time pouted in camp because they were toying with moving him to the slot in the 3WR set. I believe the third WR was Troy Edwards and Troy would take Hines' spot and HW would move into the slot was the plan.