Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace scores touchdowns..Antonio Brown doesnt!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I watched Brady throw many of those types of passes to Randy Moss with double coverage and Moss would come down with the ball. The announcers would shower Brady with praise on how well he threw the ball. Ben recognized an opportunity to make a play so he threw it to Wallace. Wallace made a nice comeback to the ball and did well to keep his feet inbounds and make the catch. It wasn't like Ben had to thread the needle or put the ball where only Wallace could get it. He saw Wallace going to the endzone and Cromartie trailing with his back to Ben so he heaved it. A great play all around.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I watched Brady throw many of those types of passes to Randy Moss with double coverage and Moss would come down with the ball. The announcers would shower Brady with praise on how well he threw the ball. Ben recognized an opportunity to make a play so he threw it to Wallace. Wallace made a nice comeback to the ball and did well to keep his feet inbounds and make the catch. It wasn't like Ben had to thread the needle or put the ball where only Wallace could get it. He saw Wallace going to the endzone and Cromartie trailing with his back to Ben so he heaved it. A great play all around.
    $$

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we are way over thinking this

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    A normal QB who worries about his fantasy numbers wouldn't have thrown that. In Bens mind an interception in that situation is as good as a punt.
    Glad we have a QB that doesn't worry about his stats and allows his receivers to make a play.

Oh knock it off. Ben is a horrible "touch" passer. The ball was poorly thrown. Wallace bailed Ben out. That is the reality. Anythin else is hyperbole

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I DARE you to post footage of Brady's "throwups" to Moss. I GUARANTEE that the footage will look nothing like Bens throw.

Legend

User Info Menu

On the Steelers: Few signs of rust for Wallace

September 18, 2012
    By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers receiver Mike Wallace pulls in a pass as he is defended by Jets defensive back Kyle Wilson in the fourth quarter Sunday at Heinz Field.

Mike Wallace is off to the fastest scoring start in his career. Imagine where he might be had he gone through training camp.

You will get no argument from him.

"I think training camp helps me," Wallace said after catching his second touchdown pass of the season Sunday in the Steelers' 27-10 victory against the New York Jets.

"I think I could be even better now if I would have gone through training camp. I would have liked to be in training camp, but you know ... "

Business is business, and right now that's behind him and so too are any suggestions that Wallace might not be in the best frame of mind because of his long holdout and his inability to come together with the Steelers on a multiple-year contract.

Two games into what might be his final season with the Steelers, Wallace has again shown just how dangerous he can be.

He caught five passes for 74 yards Sunday, and his 37-yard touchdown was typical and atypical of Wallace at the same time.

It's no surprise he and Ben Roethlisberger hooked up for another deep pass, coming within 3 yards of extending their franchise record of 40-yard touchdown passes, which stands at 11.

The difference this time is that Wallace did not blow past Antonio Cromartie to catch it. The Jets cornerback stayed with him but Wallace adjusted, came back to the inside of Cromartie to catch the deep ball and kept both feet inbounds in the end zone.

This catch came after Wallace shielded the defensive back with his body last week in Denver to catch a 3-yard touchdown pass over the middle.

His renowned speed meant not so much on either score, but his ability to adjust and to finesse the defenders came more into play.

"I think I'm moving in the right direction," Wallace said Sunday. "I'm helping my team, that's all that really matters."

Ten different receivers caught passes, led again by Antonio Brown, who had seven receptions for 79 yards. Emmanuel Sanders caught three, Heath Miller three, and Jerricho Cotchery one big 6-yard catch over the middle to the 1-yard line on third down.

"I feel we have the best wide receivers in the world," Wallace said. "Anytime you have so many good guys it's hard keeping guys off the field. They have to play too. It's a compliment to our coaches and our players. You don't see too many teams that can switch two players out each and every play."

He says he even likes the new offense.

"I love the ball control we're doing," Wallace said. "I think we're really efficient, not having too many turnovers. I think if we keep going like this, we'll always have ourselves in the game and give ourselves a chance to win. If you're not turning the ball over, you'll always have chance to win."

Wallace looks more like a four-trick pony these days.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-few-signs-of-rust-for-wallace-653820/#ixzz26tBDYCaw[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    I DARE you to post footage of Brady's "throwups" to Moss. I GUARANTEE that the footage will look nothing like Bens throw.
    Still no footage of Bradys "Throwups" at press time. And there wont be

Legend

User Info Menu

what about his underthrow throw up to a 6'6 270 LB tight end on a bum ankle in the superbowl last year?

INT by blackburn

Backup

User Info Menu

Brady has never had accuracy issues on short balls nor long ones. For anyone to type that that was a GREAT pass by Ben is smoking something. That was a GREAT job by Wallace adjusting to a poorly thrown pass is more accurate.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Brady has never had accuracy issues on short balls nor long ones. For anyone to type that that was a GREAT pass by Ben is smoking something. That was a GREAT job by Wallace adjusting to a poorly thrown pass is more accurate.
    Ben escaped pressure and threw the ball where Wallace could catch it while on the move...poorly thrown or not, only Wallace was catching that ball considering that Cromartie had his back to Ben...Wallace made a great adjustment, which was required, and the play resulted in a TD...

It was a good play by both players...